Alright, so when I get home my phone connects to the wifi. It use used to show a green check mark next to wifi under "Manage connections" well now it just shows the yellow dash. Whats going on? I can connect to the net from it but I can't make a phone call from it. I have bad signal out where I live and thats when the wifi is handy. So even though it says "Home" it will say searching for connection. Whats goin on?
    09-20-08 02:52 PM
    09-20-08 02:58 PM
    Alright thanks, I did follow that guide. I am using a dlink dgl-4300 router. I haven't had any problems using it before and the phone does show up on the router, but on the phone it says I am still on edge and not uma. When I do the wifi diagnostics the only problem that I see is that the UMA connection has a red x, but the UMA wifi available has a green check. My phone is set to wifi preferred and I don't see any error codes.
    09-20-08 03:19 PM
    pull the battery and restart the phone. turn off the mobile radio and see if it'll force it into UMA mode.
    09-20-08 05:36 PM
    The 8120 only works with certain routers. For example, it works on my home router but when I go to Panera (a cafe) it will only let me on the internet, it wont let me use UMA.
    09-20-08 08:43 PM
    whenever i try to put in a web page in my browser it won't let me use "hotspot browser" and it goes to "tzones browser" which then tells me to subscribe to tmobiles internet plan. and i can't view any other page but that one? how can connect to the internet by using my wifi and not my tzones browser?
    09-20-08 09:42 PM
    whenever i try to put in a web page in my browser it won't let me use "hotspot browser" and it goes to "tzones browser" which then tells me to subscribe to tmobiles internet plan. and i can't view any other page but that one? how can connect to the internet by using my wifi and not my tzones browser?
    you completely ignored your answer.
    09-20-08 09:45 PM
    I am as well a newb with this. I love the phone itself, just a key seller point im having so much trouble with. I read the guide that was posted and it seems to be completely lined up how it was set up in the guide. I get the same message. The tzones browser. I am not too sure what exactly im doin wrong. I feel horrible as I have read this guide over and over and browsed the forums, I just can't seem to figure this problem out.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks
    09-25-08 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD