My wife is considering making the switch to a BB. I've had one for a while now. She's been handling my Bold quite a bit lately. She has been using a Motorola RAZR. I let her use my old Curve to try out. Her main complaint was she couldn't text while she was driving (yeah, I told her bad idea, anyway). She also couldn't get used to the full keyboard. I said it had a learning curve if you've never handled a phone like that.

Anyway, I told her there was a BB flip that she might like. Similar to text on like her RAZR. Plus it's got all the BB bells and whistles. Anyone gone from a stupid flip to the smart flip? Would the wife be happy with it?
    06-27-09 05:15 AM
    I think your best bet is to take her in to the store and go hands on with it. Let her check it out and then you guys can make a decision.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 05:19 AM
    Ha, why does this sound so familiar?

Let her use X device (BOLD or Curve) for about a week, and I bet she won't be able to put it down. She'll then be wondering why she's been using the Razr for so long...
    06-27-09 05:37 AM
    I went from the krzr to the flip. If she can't get used to SureType she can enable multi tap instead. I think that would be a fairly easy transition to be honest. One thing I miss is the ability to change ringer settings while it is closed.

06-27-09 09:00 AM
    Wife and I came from 10 years of dumb LG flip phones. We're both blown away by the capabilities of the Pearl Flip (and of BlackBerries in general). The dumb flip phone to 82xx transition is easy and fast. FWIW I use SureType, my wife prefers MultiTap. We both like the size of the Flip's keys.

06-27-09 10:28 AM
    eh the concept of a BB flip is a great idea but it is painfully slow even while texting and if she texts alot then im sure she probably texts fast the phone wont be able to keep up i think you should let her use your phone for a week and see. You cant go wrong with the bold or the curves the flip wouldnt be the smartest idea but to each his own i guess people love the phone and then people hate it..
    06-27-09 11:15 AM
    I went from Siemens flip phone to BB flip. I just love this form factor! I wanted to try BB for several years before but I do not like candy bar like phones. So as soon as I could get the unlocked flip - I did it. It took me a few days to get used to SureType but I find it very useful for myself. I have to admit this phone not only stylish but also very feminine.

06-27-09 01:06 PM
    Guess I'll be checking eBay and craigslist to find a decent priced unlocked flip. I don't see the flip very often on the marketplace here. I think the flip might be a good transition phone for the wife to use. Small steps

06-27-09 04:36 PM
    Have been trying to talk my wife into a BB for a while now but she didn't like the size of most (buttons on the peal were too small with long fingernails). We check out the flip on release day and she was immdiately impressed. Needless to say one came home with us & instant crack addiction. She loves it. I've managed to play with it some and have to say I'm impressed.
    06-29-09 12:30 AM
    My husband went from a razr to the Flip, it was a fight to get him to give up the razr, but he couldn't be happier - he was terrible at texting, but picked up SureType immediately.

Did you see the news report that texting while driving is more dangerous than drunk driving?
    06-29-09 01:42 AM
    I've been pricing some unlocked 8220s on eBay and such. Man I hate to shell out $250 on a phone. Yeah I'm cheap when I want to be.

I think what I'm going to do is see if I can find someone who wants to trade a 8220 for my gently used VZW 8330. Pretty fair trade I think.
    06-30-09 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD