I've an 8220 which obviously supports Wi-Fi and have no data plan, only using the Wi-Fi feature to browse. The little freaky thing's that it works sometimes and sometimes not. I use Wi-Fi on 2 places: on the university and home. On the university it works great, I use Opera Mini on HTTP mode and it works great.

Here's the weird thing. When I got home, I am able to connect to my network. BUT I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK! Nor in the Hotspot Browser or in Opera Mini. The weird thing it's that, on vacations, when I didn't connect to the university network, it started to work home always, with socket mode configured on the Opera Mini settings.

Now, it connect's to my home network but it doesn't connect in any of the 2 browsers, but on the university it works great.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,
    08-19-09 11:57 PM
    I've an 8220 which obviously supports Wi-Fi and have no data plan, only using the Wi-Fi feature to browse. The little freaky thing's that it works sometimes and sometimes not. I use Wi-Fi on 2 places: on the university and home. On the university it works great, I use Opera Mini on HTTP mode and it works great.

Here's the weird thing. When I got home, I am able to connect to my network. BUT I CAN'T MAKE IT WORK! Nor in the Hotspot Browser or in Opera Mini. The weird thing it's that, on vacations, when I didn't connect to the university network, it started to work home always, with socket mode configured on the Opera Mini settings.

Now, it connect's to my home network but it doesn't connect in any of the 2 browsers, but on the university it works great.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance,
    first things first..what OS version are you running atm? and is the network at home protected by wep key etc? have you tried removing the network then re add it? what steps have you taken so far to correct the issue or try correct it?
    08-20-09 12:08 AM
    What router is listed in network profiles? Sounds like its stuck on the dorm network.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 08:27 AM
    Try changing the channel that your home router operates on. Most networks operate on channel 6. Changing it will force your bb to switch channels when you get home. I had issues before and it seemed to clear up when I switched to channel 3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 10:44 AM
    first things first..what OS version are you running atm? and is the network at home protected by wep key etc? have you tried removing the network then re add it? what steps have you taken so far to correct the issue or try correct it?
    Ok, so the thing's that now it doesn't even connect. It gives me an "failed to authenticate againts the network" error. I probably should have changed something on the router's configuration but don't remember which.

I'm in 4.6.0.155 (4.1.0.55). The network is protected by a pre-shared key. I've already try removing the network and readding it but that didn't work.

The steps I've taken so far have been tried to configure my router (I think the problem's there) which is a Linksys WRT54Gv8 / GSv7. All the notebooks at home works perfect with the Wi-Fi network. But it didn't give me good results because the problem's still there.

What about channels? I can try that, but the thing's that at least I have to be able to connect to the network to change those specifications, but right now I'm unable.
    08-20-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD