I'm a total newbie and tried to access my call log today and could only get a search box.
    When I called myself from another phone the call was logged.
    So I'm assuming the search box is what you get when the call log is empty.
    Also my SMS inbox has been cleared too.
    I changed the SMS settings to keep messages forever so I can choose what to delete a few days ago but now they're all gone.
    Could anyone help please?
    09-09-08 11:16 AM
    Did you reset your phone? If you take the battery out, these items will be cleared.
    09-09-08 11:17 AM
    You are running low on memory. Check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...=Stoners+GUide for a guide on how to free up file memory.
    09-09-08 11:20 AM
    Did you reset your phone? If you take the battery out, these items will be cleared.
    Not true...
    You are running low on memory. Check out http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...=Stoners+GUide for a guide on how to free up file memory.
    follow the guide mentioned above.
    09-09-08 11:27 AM
    I've taken the battery out a couple of times as it has frozen when I was using the video recorder.That may explain it.I would have thought SMS messages would be stored on the sim card.
    Also I hope I'm not low on memory,I've only had it four days and haven't put anything on it!
    Thanks.
    09-09-08 11:28 AM
    Not true...

follow the guide mentioned above.
    oops...I noticed this after I reset my phone and my free memory was above 11mb. I guess it was something else?
    09-09-08 11:29 AM
    oops...I noticed this after I reset my phone and my free memory was above 11mb. I guess it was something else?
    Doing a battery pull will free up SOME memory, but only because its closing anything running in the background. It's a temporary fix. Thats why you see the change. If your only getting around 11m after a pull you need to follow the guide as well. I have 20+ after a reset.
    09-09-08 11:33 AM
    I've taken the battery out a couple of times as it has frozen when I was using the video recorder.That may explain it.I would have thought SMS messages would be stored on the sim card.
    Also I hope I'm not low on memory,I've only had it four days and haven't put anything on it!
    Thanks.
    The pearl has limited device memory, and in order to get the most out of it you need to optimize it. This will allow you to put more applications on it, without worrying about it deleting call logs, and messages in order to free up memory on its own.
    09-09-08 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD