ive tried searching and nothing has really helped so thats why i started a new thread.

i havent had my new bb for a week and its already about to get tossed out on the highway. this is my 2nd pearl 8220 because my last one ended up with a software error, 547 if i remember correctly, so rogers immediately said they would send me a new bb under warranty. like i said, its not even a week old, i dont think ive made 10 calls or texts on it but it takes forever to switch screens, pull something up, dial a number, input my voicemail password etc.

how can i fix it? my old 8220 had no issues with speed and it was full of texts, pictures, apps and this new one is still a 'virgin' if you will.

another thing, i dont have the icon for bbm. i select the instant messaging folder and its empty. i have to hit the bb button while im in the im folder, choose 'switch application' and then select bbm. how do i get the icon?

thanks for any insight
    05-29-10 10:50 PM
    Usually the problem is due to having too many apps and themes installed but as you've said its a "virgin"

The only other thing I can imagine is a faulty os install or an older os is installed so the best thing I can advise is to look for a different os to install. So wipe your device and install and new one. Do a search for how to wipe and install an os, most guides are pretty easy to follow so it shouldn't be to hard.

Also look in the pearl section of forums and it should tell you what is the most recent os, or what is the best os to run for your device. Good luck! Hope everything works out for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 02:47 PM
    ya i deleted a bunch of stuff like games and downloads that came with the phone and its ahelluva lot faster now. and for some strange reason the bbm icon appeared in the instant messaging folder :S
    05-30-10 05:17 PM
    The Pearl Flip wasn't the fastest or most chosen BB, maybe when you get a chance to upgrade; pick another BB?
    05-30-10 05:20 PM
    It's the phone itself.

It wasn't supposed to be a "speed demon" of a phone to begin with.

It was a starter-econo-smartphone.
    05-30-10 08:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD