1.) Syncing capabilities with my Mac.

This is by far my major gripe. I originally purchased a Blackberry so that I could have a mobile device that syncs with my computer, specifically my calendar and address book. After hours of headaches, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling pocketmac, and spending even more countless hours ion the phone with tech support, it became evident that this is just not a possibility.

2.) The battery life.

I suppose it's not that terrible if I don't have it in WiFi mode, but for heaven's sake the battery life sucks. It hardly lasts 6 hours. If I do have it in WiFi mode it's far less, even if I'm not using it at all. My razor's battery life lasted three times as long, easily.

3.) It's buggy as ****.

Mostly just annoyances that I have learned to live with. For example, the voice message icon will not go away from my home screen, ever. Also, if I ever miss a call, it will always tell me I have a new voice message waiting, even if I do not. Annoying as heck.
    10-28-09 10:23 AM
    1.) Syncing capabilities with my Mac.

This is by far my major gripe. I originally purchased a Blackberry so that I could have a mobile device that syncs with my computer, specifically my calendar and address book. After hours of headaches, installing, uninstalling, reinstalling pocketmac, and spending even more countless hours ion the phone with tech support, it became evident that this is just not a possibility.

2.) The battery life.

I suppose it's not that terrible if I don't have it in WiFi mode, but for heaven's sake the battery life sucks. It hardly lasts 6 hours. If I do have it in WiFi mode it's far less, even if I'm not using it at all. My razor's battery life lasted three times as long, easily.

3.) It's buggy as ****.

Mostly just annoyances that I have learned to live with. For example, the voice message icon will not go away from my home screen, ever. Also, if I ever miss a call, it will always tell me I have a new voice message waiting, even if I do not. Annoying as heck.
    Sorry to hear you're disappointed... I've had none of these issues with mine but then again, I'm using a PC. It's kind of like the Ipod dilemma, syncs great with Macs but horrible with PC when using itunes.

My battery life is great, maybe you have a faulty battery, I use wifi all the time at home and battery seem to run at a good pace. Now, what is your impression of a long lasting battery. Most phones I've ever had once you start using wifi, it will drain the battery faster, that's just a given.

The only thing about the flip that bugs me is the new OS 4.6, I find that it gets sluggish after a prolong period of use and a battery pull is in order, RIM should of put a processor in the flip that co-exists happily with their new OS, hopefully v5.0 will resolve this, crossing fingers.
    10-29-09 10:57 AM
    8 hour battery life would be great. My idea of "long lasting" would be anything more than that. How long does yours last? I do understand about the wifi.

Did I do something wrong? Is this one of those deals where you have to let it drain completely the first time or something?

If I went to my provider and claimed it was faulty would they replace it maybe?

Similarly, if I go to my provider can they make sure I have the latest OS, and if I don't can they update for me?
    10-29-09 01:41 PM
    If you're having battery issues make sure to CLOSE apps and not leave them running in the background. Also update your os using the sticky if you are comfortable with doing so.
    My battery life is about 24 hours with varied use.

There is a new mac desktop manager that may do what you want also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 03:03 PM
    2) See my signature for battery life tips. Following all of those tips, and with 5 bars of signal in most places, I have occasionally gotten 36 hours out of my battery.

3) See the sticky at the top of the forum for the 4.6.0.305 OS upgrade. This fixes a lot of problems and lag, and increases battery life versus stock 4.6.0.180.

Edit: I thought Bolt would bring up the full-screen forum. So much for my signature. Search the forum, I posted a huge list of tips under "Battery Life Tips & Tricks"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by hubermania; 10-30-09 at 08:26 AM.
    10-30-09 08:24 AM
    Okay, now look for the link in my signature. Tethering rocks!
    10-30-09 05:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD