I've had my Sapphire Blue 8120 since March. It's great, and now my wife wants one too, but she doesn't want one in that dark blue (guy's) color. Doesn't AT&T know that they will limit their sales by only offering the phone in one color? I know they offer the 8110 in different colors, but those units don't have Wifi, and she wants that.

I guess the only way around it is to buy the phone in Sapphire Blue and then swap out the case, but then doesn't that void the warranty?
    07-25-08 09:54 AM
    Sorry... the only 8120 Colors are the Blue and the Graphite kinda color from TMobile

You could always send it away to get color-wared (Expensive though!)

As a side note : If your wife is getting a Berry, won't she have a data plan? There is honestly no advantage to have WiFi in an ATT device... IMO

TMobile is a different story, as you can make calls over WiFi and use UMA as your primary data and voice connection. Isn't the only advantage for ATT the WiFi browsing? I could see if she did not have a data plan, wanting WiFi for casual browsing... but otherwise it is useless
    07-25-08 10:05 AM
    Sorry... the only 8120 Colors are the Blue and the Graphite kinda color from TMobile

You could always send it away to get color-wared (Expensive though!)

As a side note : If your wife is getting a Berry, won't she have a data plan? There is honestly no advantage to have WiFi in an ATT device... IMO

TMobile is a different story, as you can make calls over WiFi and use UMA as your primary data and voice connection. Isn't the only advantage for ATT the WiFi browsing? I could see if she did not have a data plan, wanting WiFi for casual browsing... but otherwise it is useless
    Thanks. Yes, she would have a data plan, and I guess wifi is much more useful if using T-Mobile, but she still wants the advantage of slightly faster browsing with the Wifi function. When we are in areas with free Wifi (ie. airports, starbucks, etc., I find it browsing with Wifi is still much better than with the slow @ss EDGE network. I hate EDGE.
    07-25-08 10:21 AM
    Why can't you get cases in the colors you like? I have the dark purple pearl from sprint and I got a black rubber sleeve along with a blue one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-08 10:21 AM
    Wasn't tmobile introducing 3g soon? I thought I read that here.

07-25-08 10:23 AM
    Wasn't tmobile introducing 3g soon? I thought I read that here.

Yeah, the 8130 is 3G, but I get a 20% discount on phone and data service from AT&T thru my company, so I'm with AT&T.
    07-25-08 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD