It's been deleting them automatically for some reason, and I'm not just talkin old texts. It sometimes gets to the point where they're deleted before I can even read them. My friend has a Curve that does the same thing, but for both of us it just happens randomly. Sometimes it seems like a thousand times a day, and then it won't do it for a month, so it's completely random. Anyone know why it's doing that?
    Last edited by Granchie125; 11-21-08 at 08:31 AM.
    11-21-08 08:16 AM
    It seems like you have a memory problem. Check out this link on memory optimization. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    11-21-08 08:24 AM
    Yeah that's what I thought at first too, but I checked and had plenty of memory.
    11-21-08 08:29 AM
    What is your file free?
    11-21-08 08:32 AM
    Last I checked, several MB.
    11-21-08 08:33 AM
    Please tell me the exact number. It may seem like you have a lot but in reality it may be insufficient.
    11-21-08 08:36 AM
    Your OS is outdated, contact your SP they ought to be aware of the issue and have a corresponding link that you may go to to upgrade your OS.
    11-21-08 08:41 AM
    This is due to memory loss! Go to Options>Status, and check File Free status. You should have a minimum of 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you're low on memory, follow the instructions on this thread to help you out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

After you finish with the memory optimization, make sure all your media items (e.g. pics, music, video etc.) are stored on a media card. When you lose memory, your BB will start to delete the least important items to free up memory. This includes texts, emails and call logs. Try to keep an amount above or around 12,000,000 free bytes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:45 AM
    Your OS is outdated, contact your SP they ought to be aware of the issue and have a corresponding link that you may go to to upgrade your OS.
    The OS will not cause the problem Granchie is having. Although upgrading the OS does give you nice new things to play with it is a memory issue.
    11-21-08 08:46 AM
    "The OS will not cause the problem Granchie is having. Although upgrading the OS does give you nice new things to play with it is a memory issue."

With all due respect, the OS can effect the memory.
    Had a pearl myself, ran the update on the OS no more problems.
    11-21-08 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD