Anyone have any idea why, after following the directions given, it tells me that I have the latest software and it tells me its 4.3??
    Make sure you get the new desktop manager, I think it's 4.6 now. I had that problem with my 8120. Not a problem, just me being too hasty.

EDIT: Delete anything BlackBerry from the Add/Remove Programs list. You may not have to do that, but it works for me. Also get CrackMem. If you search here you'll find it. It's quite nice for that pesky vendor.xml file.
    Last edited by dahahn; 10-13-08 at 01:57 PM.
    10-13-08 01:54 PM
    upgraded now have mms
    10-14-08 08:05 PM
    installed the official 4.5.0.77 in 8130... works nicely, if not a little slower than the official Verizon 4.3. Running off the mail2web BES and getting HTML and rich text e-mails is VERY nice.

Removed a ton of extra features and still only have 19M free even with only 2 extra apps and 1 extra theme. That's not bad, but still expected a little more.

Media and web new features are also worth it. All-in-all, I would say worthy upgrade unless you have a lot of 4.3-specific apps you need.
    10-15-08 09:52 PM
    I'm running 4.5.0.77 on a Sprint 8130 and this is my third 4.5 version, and I'd never go back to 4.3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-08 10:50 PM
    I won't upgrade until they fix the media player issue which causes a stream to be paused if the player is minimized into the background or the device is holstered. I actually emailed RIM and awaiting a response about this.
    10-15-08 10:53 PM
    I have upgraded as well with my VZW 8130. The only benefit I have seen so far is the HTML in e-mail. Other than that, I've got nothing good to say about it. Memory is about the same (maybe slightly lower, ~20Mb), programs run a little slower, and my alarm program works when it wants to. Maybe I did something wrong though.
    10-16-08 12:05 PM
    Oh the html emails ROCK!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    HTML email works on my work service, but not for an IMAP account I created. Why would these services differ? Do I need to update / change the service book for my non-Enterprise email account?

Any guidance appreciated.

UPDATE: Re-sending the Service Books solved the problem.
    Last edited by rezachapman; 11-03-08 at 01:32 PM.
    11-03-08 01:17 PM
    I am not a Verizon customer but I do believe there is another thread somewhere in this section that says that verizon released the official 4.5 OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/ver...-pearls-89446/
    11-03-08 04:49 PM
    I am not a Verizon customer but I do believe there is another thread somewhere in this section that says that verizon released the official 4.5 OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/ver...-pearls-89446/
    They did, too bad I loaded up Alltel's last night, it is the same version though i believe...
    11-03-08 05:52 PM
    I have done it. I have a verizon.. Its real easy to do just delete the vendor file.

However my phone ran like SH*t at first even though I had tons more memory. I started with 24m and now have regularly 14 15 with lots of apps installed.

Now I had to wipe the device. It was a pain my boss told me that 4.3 prob had a lot of reg for the third party apps that was causing issues.. after the wipe the phone is so much better.

I highly reco. made me want to keep the phone. was thinking about goin curve but this kept me with the pearl.
    How do you wipe the phone? Not sure I understand.
    11-03-08 06:11 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD