Maybe I liked the phone cuz it was girly. I love girls and I have to admit that the 8200 has some nice curves in my opinion! lol I like the flip form factor and I no longer have to worry about *** dialing.
    09-30-09 07:07 PM
    I bought the flip because I thought it was a phone.
    I really thought that BB was getting into the cell phone business.

And as soon as I picked it up, I was sold.
    It has the most solid feel of any flip I have had before.
    It feels good, like it was meant to be used.

I was completely and utterly surprised when I discovered that it was actually a BB.

But no, I don't consider it to be girly.
    09-30-09 08:09 PM
    id rather have a black flip/if it had qwerty , **** dialing is annoying haha
    10-01-09 12:47 AM
    what the? rear end got edited on my last post??
    10-01-09 12:47 AM
    Girly? Feminine? My decision to get the Pearl Flip (8320) was based on the investment I'd already made on holsters, car dashboard holders, etc. AND habits. The 8320 is the exact same size as the Moto Razr's I've had for years, which, BTW, were also silver. (Verizon) I own(ed) a RAZR V3C and (2) RAZR V3M's before switching to a BB. When I brought it home, my friends never knew I switched! I'm used to the form factor, and that makes it particularly useful in the car, etc., when my attention should be on my driving and not looking down at the phone! I downloaded the Drive.Friendly app as well, so that works well in my area. (NJ) Happy with the BB, no matter what. Considered getting a BB with full QWERTY, but the multi-tap (I'm old school and can't get used to the adaptive text) took me about a day to get used to it with the extra keys around the numerics...which feel like a RAZR's keyboard. Fits my lifestyle.
    10-07-09 01:51 PM
    I love it. I'm looking forward to having a flip phone again. I've not had a flip phone since my Motorola v220.

And who doesn't love SureType!
    10-07-09 02:03 PM
    I agree it is kinda well GIRLY.
    01-25-10 11:25 PM
    Girly? No. The black one that i bought (from Telus) doesn't strike me as girly in anyway.
    Completely impractical for all that you can use a BB for? Yes.

It was my first BB and after i basically figured out how I could be utilizing my phone I found the flip to be cumbersome. I had switched to a curve within 6 months.
    01-27-10 03:48 PM
    The flip is an awesome phone and I love it and don't have a data plan! I like the form factor. Blackberry OS without the bulky look.
    01-28-10 01:55 PM
    I don't think its a "girly" phone, just because its smaller and sleeker? That's what happened when the Pearl first came out. If this little "law" or "rule" applied for everything, then that'd be like saying I can't eat microwave mini pizzas or Trix cereal because "Trix are for kids!". A phone can only be considered "femenine" if its a girly color. Well, that won't apply for long, I remember back when pink clothing, earings, glitter were all girly and now you see "guys" wearing pink, glittered shirts and hats, earings (sorry, piercings) and they aren't considered "girly". Heck, they're wearing makup and that still isn't "girly". So, no a phone won't make you look girly. I personally like the flip and will buy one as a back up to my Curve 8520. And yes, I like Trix and mini pizzas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 08:20 AM
    I want to get one,too..but a little expensive
    01-30-10 11:51 AM
    A used one is ok,I think,but anybody has a used one?
    01-30-10 11:51 AM
    This girly just traded an 8330 Curve for a Pearl Flip today. And when my upgrade comes due, I'll get another Pearl Flip for backup. I tried the open-faced phone and hated the bump dialling in my purse, and did not want to dink around locking the keyboard off/on all the time. I'm absolutely pleased as punch with this Flip and am staying with this style. I really do like it better.
    01-30-10 05:54 PM
    I bought my flip purely for the form factor. Normally, I would have favoured processing power but I really don't like the look of the calculator phones and I'm too rough on my phones to not have a flip. In my mind, choosing form over function is a very girly thing to do, and it is certainly much more feminine than the alternatives (exception being the classic pearl - much girlier phone). So I tend to refer to my pearl as a girly blackberry when chatting with other BB owners.
    Compared to other flips, its really masculine looking though.
    02-02-10 10:53 PM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD