hey everyone my wife pearl 8120 says on certain things that she need sto update here flash player i have yet to find where and how to do it. can anyone help thanks john
    08-19-09 11:06 AM
    Do you have Desktop Manager installed? Almost all your apps can be updated through there
    08-19-09 11:09 AM
    there is no flash player for blackberry's yet
    08-19-09 11:16 AM
    i do have desktop but everytime i ask it to look for updates it says no new updates maybe im doing it wrong can someone tell me step by step please.
    08-19-09 11:16 AM
    There is no FLASHPLAYER for blackberry, you wont find any step by step until they actually make and release a flashplayer specifically for the blackberry
    08-19-09 11:50 AM
    You will get that message if your Browser Emulation Mode is set to something other then BlackBerry. You will be promoted to install Adobe Flash, just as you would on a desktop computer.

When you try it, the link to Adobe Flash fails to run on the BlackBerry. Only Adobe can create Flash for BlackBerry, and they are not doing it for technical reasons.
    08-19-09 12:04 PM
    so Reed do i need to change a setting so she can view the pages that it keeps saying need to update flash or is she just sol thanks
    08-19-09 03:26 PM
    You will get that message if your Browser Emulation Mode is set to something other then BlackBerry. You will be promoted to install Adobe Flash, just as you would on a desktop computer.

When you try it, the link to Adobe Flash fails to run on the BlackBerry. Only Adobe can create Flash for BlackBerry, and they are not doing it for technical reasons.
    so Reed do i need to change a setting so she can view the pages that it keeps saying need to update flash or is she just sol thanks
    Again, there is NO flash player available for blackberries at the moment. Do what Reed says inside the browser settings and it should solve your wife's issues.
    08-19-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD