ok..I can access my memory card on my phone. My pictures all get stored on it. It has been formatted correctly and when i take the memory card out and use the memory card reader my computer recognizes it. However, when the memory card is in my phone and i plug my phone in and run DM I can not see my card anywhere. With mass storage on or off. It also does not show up in my computer. Does anyone know what's going on? I have done all I know. Hard and soft reboot. Reformatted the card multiple time. Rebooted my computer. Nothing is working. Please help.
    01-20-08 09:17 PM
    Is the card showing up as a drive under my computer?
    01-20-08 10:30 PM
    not thru my my phone...when i take the card out and use the SD reader(MobileMateSD+) it shows up as an e:/ drive. But when the card is in my phone and connected via usb it does not show up anywhere. not in DM or in my computer. It is an 8gb sandisk SDHC card. It works great in my phone...i just can't use it thru my phone to my computer. It's so small i don't want to keep taking it out of my phone to swap files between my computer and phone.
    01-20-08 10:35 PM
    so, the 8130 can handle an 8 gig card?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-08 10:53 PM
    the new 8130's can i suppose...just go this one 3 weeks ago and besides this little computer glitch....the phone itself handles it fine.
    01-20-08 10:54 PM
    You have to Enable mass storage

It activates the chip inside the 8100 and creates default folders on the chip for music, video, pics and ringtones.

Also, it then allows the phone to be connected to the PC with a USB cord and then open/access the folders through XP Explorer rather than Desktop Manager.

This feature could come in handy when at work, for example, you want to treat the Pearl's MicroSD card as a portable drive and transfer files to and from the Pearl. Without enabling mass storage mode, you would need DM to access the chip.

Lastly, transferring files directly through the PC to the Pearl is way faster than using Desktop Manager, speed wise and by not having to open Desktop Manager and connect through it.
    01-20-08 11:21 PM
    no dice...mass storage on...mass storage off...doesn't matter...my computer can't find the memory disk. Reformatting..i've tried it all...nothing is working.
    01-21-08 10:44 AM
    no dice...mass storage on...mass storage off...doesn't matter...my computer can't find the memory disk. Reformatting..i've tried it all...nothing is working.
    Taking a stab... how about a different usb cable?
    01-21-08 10:48 AM
    You might have to rename the drive on your computer while it's in the phone, with mass storage mode on.
    01-21-08 10:56 AM
    yester18 and zerog32, please dont post replies without reading the original post, its really a waste of everyones time. zero- he just said it DOESNT SHOW UP in "my computer" while its in the phone, making your suggestion impossible...?
    01-21-08 11:53 AM
    Sorry to bother you in your infinite wisdom but that’s why he would have to rename the drive because it doesn’t show up in the phone. Next time try to be just a little more ignorant.
    01-21-08 12:06 PM
    You might have to rename the drive on your computer while it's in the phone, with mass storage mode on.
    So....I still don't see how you think you've made sense of this zero? the only stretch of my imagination is that you want him to rename the drive while its plugged in via the card reader, as its been established that this is the only way to access the card as a drive on the computer. next time try to be just a little more inarticulate.
    01-21-08 01:24 PM
    ok...now i am confused...using a different usb cable did not work...renaming the drive? If I can't find the drive when my phone is plugged in how would i rename it? Also...it shows up as E:/ drive when the card reader reads it. It shows up as e: drive labeled Blackberry and when i open it it has all the corrct folders from formatting. This whole thing worked once...i restored my phone and i think maybe since then it does not recognize the sd card...any ideas?
    01-21-08 01:33 PM
    Try putting the card in you computer, right click on my computer then go to manage double click on storage, duoble click on the disk management, right click on it, then click rename drive letter. Change it to something like f and see if that works.
    01-21-08 01:45 PM
    So....I still don't see how you think you've made sense of this zero? the only stretch of my imagination is that you want him to rename the drive while its plugged in via the card reader, as its been established that this is the only way to access the card as a drive on the computer. next time try to be just a little more inarticulate.
    So let me get this straight you come in here addressing our posts and telling us how it should be in a manner that is not very mature...

Where do you get off, we are trying to help a guy with his problems and you saying that it's not worth it....

Don't post replies unless we read the first original post???? WTF.. um it's called trouble shooting... Trust me allot of questions people have on here, we always seem to ask the same things over and over again.... 1. because people don't search... 2. Some people over look sometimes... And then figure out what has been done wrong. So Do not tell me that I am waisting anyones time.....

Opinions are like a s s h o l e s, everybody's got one!
    Last edited by yester18; 01-21-08 at 02:00 PM.
    01-21-08 01:48 PM
    its totally worth it to help the guy out, but its annoying when people come in here thinking they know the answer so fast that they dont even read the OP closely enough to know the problem.

ANYWAYS, jpeters try plugging the phone in, memory card inserted, mass storage mode ON. If the OS recognizes the phone as a USB device it'll be listed in device manager (right click my computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager>generic USB host>Blackberry Smartphone) Highlight blackberry smartphone and delete it. the next time you plug it back in it should re-install the phone as a USB device and theres a chance that it could solve the issue. give it a shot and let us know
    01-21-08 01:58 PM
    ok...we're getting somewhere...for some reason it was conflicting with another drive which had already been assigned to another program... I can finally find it on my computer...Thank you very much...now I am halfway there. How can i get my DM to recognize it now...I have tried turning mass storage on...off...no results...any idea as to why this is happening?
    01-21-08 01:58 PM
    You have not put one good piece of information on here to help this individual, you just bad mouth everyone who is trying to help. You are so wonderful.
    01-21-08 02:00 PM
    ok...we're getting somewhere...for some reason it was conflicting with another drive which had already been assigned to another program... I can finally find it on my computer...Thank you very much...now I am halfway there. How can i get my DM to recognize it now...I have tried turning mass storage on...off...no results...any idea as to why this is happening?
    which aspect of DM do you want to recognize it? i guess i never used DM for anything media card related. are you trying to use the built in roxio app to put music on the card or something? my last post about re-installing the phone might still apply to this issue... not sure tho
    01-21-08 02:03 PM
    You have not put one good piece of information on here to help this individual, you just bad mouth everyone who is trying to help. You are so wonderful.
    i just posted a step by step suggestion before you posted this. lets just stop fighting in this guys thread. i can be an ******* sometimes, im sorry. same to you yester, im not trying to make any enemies here. im sorry to both of you. hopefully we can get his problem solved
    01-21-08 02:10 PM
    Hey sorry for the bs on your post we were just trying to help you out. I and no one I know on here ever admitted to knowing everything. Just trying to help out.
    01-21-08 02:10 PM
    yester18 and zerog32, please dont post replies without reading the original post, its really a waste of everyones time. zero- he just said it DOESNT SHOW UP in "my computer" while its in the phone, making your suggestion impossible...?
    Who the **** made you a Admin to make posting decisions on here, with 12 post you are going to tell us how things go.....

its totally worth it to help the guy out, but its annoying when people come in here thinking they know the answer so fast that they dont even read the OP closely enough to know the problem.

ANYWAYS, jpeters try plugging the phone in, memory card inserted, mass storage mode ON. If the OS recognizes the phone as a USB device it'll be listed in device manager (right click my computer>properties>hardware tab>device manager>generic USB host>Blackberry Smartphone) Highlight blackberry smartphone and delete it. the next time you plug it back in it should re-install the phone as a USB device and theres a chance that it could solve the issue. give it a shot and let us know
    1. I didn't post thinking I knew what I was talking about. I do know, it's the first step to trouble shooting, even though he stated it wasn't showing up as a drive.... Some people over look certain things, and I wanted to make sure of that. Christ look at the forums, allot of people get confused and post up a question that is so simple yet they over looked something, I was trying to point him in the right direction. But I guess that it is annoying to you.. Not sure why....

Do me and everyone else a favor, keep you opinions to your self next time...

hmmm.. you have 3 posts in this thread that has not had much help, did I tell you that you should have read the first post and your wasting time.. No, I didn't and not sure what your problem is....... But now it takes you 5 post to finally apologize????

You won't get one from me. you took things your own way and didn't care to address the point at hand, you came right out and attacked people who don't even know you. We were tryingt o help a user out, and for some reason that wasn't good enough for you.....
    Last edited by yester18; 01-21-08 at 02:21 PM.
    01-21-08 02:19 PM
    JP... since you can "see" your card now as a drive is there any reason to use DT Manager other than to update your os, backups, or to load apps?
    Reason I ask is I use mass media mode through my computer to up/down load files. It seem to work much faster than DT. Just a thought.
    01-21-08 02:22 PM
    yes...i think i may have to go that route...but i just hate not being able to figure something out..especially if it once worked but now doesn't.
    01-21-08 07:56 PM
    finally figured it out...it is working perfectly...as it turns out I didn't change it to a random enough drive and the drive i choose for some god forsaken reason was not working correctly... now when i turn off mass media support..it shows up in DM and when mass media support is on it shows up as an external drive under my computer. Thank you everyone for your advice and especially zerog...as it turns out...your advice did the trick...God Bless all you crack addicts out there...good times.... I am sure to be asking you all something trivial in the future..tilll then keep on dishing out the good advice
    01-21-08 08:10 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD