I've set up my BlackBerry Pearl 8120 (T-Mobile) to get email from two different IMAP accounts. Problem is, when I delete messages from these accounts with my laptop computer, the messages remain on my Pearl until I delete them from there, too. It's a pain to have to keep deleting messages off my Pearl one-by-one.

Is there any way I can make the Pearl check to see if the messages it retrieved from the IMAP server have been deleted? Or is this the way it's supposed to work?

The "Reconcile Now" menu option doesn't appear to do anything. (What's it for?)
    07-08-08 06:10 PM
    Check your reconcile options that delete on both handheld and mailbox is set.
    07-08-08 06:21 PM
    Can someone tell me how to check the reconcile option? Mine did ask if I wanted to delete off both or just handheld now it doesn't?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 09:24 PM
    Can someone tell me how to check the reconcile option? Mine did ask if I wanted to delete off both or just handheld now it doesn't?

Messages/menu button/options/Email Reconciliation

Set it as per SunKast's recommendation.

...but you say the problem is deleting from your laptop to your BB? Are you using a mail client or the web to access the mail from your laptop?
    07-08-08 09:30 PM
    Ok so when I go and look for the email reconciliation its not there?

07-09-08 12:11 AM
    Ok so when I go and look for the email reconciliation its not there?

Make sure your in the messages folder before clicking your menu button. When you click on options after hitting menu what do you see?
    07-09-08 12:15 AM
    General option when that opens there is nothing in there that says email reconciliation

07-09-08 12:28 AM
    It's on the same screen as General Options, not in General Options.
    07-09-08 12:36 AM
    The only thing that is on there is the General options. That is.

07-09-08 07:32 PM
    ...but you say the problem is deleting from your laptop to your BB? Are you using a mail client or the web to access the mail from your laptop?
    I'm using a mail client to access my IMAP email account from my laptop. I delete messages from there...

But then when I look at the email for that account in my BlackBerry, the messages I deleted are still there - even hours later.

I want my BlackBerry to notice that email messages have been deleted from my IMAP account, and to therefore remove them from the BlackBerry also. How do I set this up?
    07-11-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD