My wheel is extremely defective. My pearl was working just fine until the end of the day i noticed the wheel clicking did not work. I tried turning it off then on again now the clicking goes crazy. It's like its extremely sensitive, the slightest touch will pick up and select. This means when i attempt to scroll, it ends up selecting 3-4 times instead. Even when i press Back or Endcall it ends up selecting.

Has anyone experienced this or have any advice? Thanks a lot!
    03-17-08 08:26 AM
    did you check and see if some how the sensitivity got changed?
    03-17-08 12:32 PM
    Did you take out the battery for 30 seconds while your phone was turned on?
    03-17-08 12:39 PM
    Thanks guys.

I actually fixed the over-clicking by turning it off and pressing and holding the wheel really hard for 5 seconds and turning it back on.

Several hours later, however, the wheel does not select at all. Turning it off and on, the select does work for 1-2 clicks and that's it. Sometimes I would have to press hard, but it would select but only once or twice before it ceases to work again.
    03-18-08 04:37 PM
    Try popping out the trackball and cleaning out the area underneath w/ an air duster. If that doesnt work, try replacing the trackball. I had issues w/ my ball not scrolling and I got a new one from blackberrytrackballs.com for $15 that worked well.

Good Luck!

-Nim
    03-18-08 04:54 PM
    nim04, I just popped out the ball and cleaned the area and my selecting still does not work. I'm not going to try buying a new trackball yet because I'm guessing thats for when scrolling doesn't work.

I bought this 8100 last November. Should I take this to a store? Does anyone know anything about warranty?
    03-18-08 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD