So I am fairly new to this. I picked up my 8130 and the device does not seem to want to allow me to unlock it. In fact, I can scroll up and down, but I cannot click to unlock it. As well, it will only bring up the menu if I pull it out of the case. After about 30 sec. it blacks out again and does not work.
    I have tried pulling the battery out, and nothing. There is about half battery life on device currently. Any idea's?
    I need to check my messages!
    Thank-you all in advance!

This is making me a sad panda!
    Anything????
    Last edited by metaron; 12-09-08 at 10:01 PM.
    12-09-08 09:03 PM
    Did you press the * followed by the green send key?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 10:13 PM
    There is a password... and it will not let me input it.
    The keyboard will not respond at all.
    12-09-08 10:38 PM
    did it get dropped in water?

if not, sounds like you've got a defective device, when did you get it/do you have insurance?
    12-10-08 11:23 AM
    Id say if nothing is working take back to the store you got it from most will do equipment swap within 30 days or if you have insurance that will help to I had to have my other one replaced because of defective trackball
    12-10-08 08:05 PM
    Did you do as The_Shawn suggested?

"Did you press the * followed by the green send key?"

If so what happened?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 09:06 PM
    So after consulting many a customer service reps, they are willing to say that its defective. The water damage indicator, thankfully, is still clear (as I live in a rather snowy area and just mere humidity can turn it...). And further more they may be willing to send me a 8330 rather than another 8130.
    From what has been concluded, the key pad has become unresponsive. And while I have not been perfect with it, I have only abused the service not the device itself.
    Thank-you all for your input.
    just two more sleeps I get the replacement device...
    12-10-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD