I have looked all over the forums for this. Can't seem to find anything that helps.

I have removed all preloaded pictures, videos, brickbreaker, and many other apps by editing the blackberry.alx file.

I currently have 1 extra theme - TIM (ZEN) in use.

I don't have more than 10 pictures from the camera.

I have VIIGO, EMPOWER, CRACKBERRY, ESPN, and that is all the 3rd party apps.

Wedensday I had over 1,000,000 bytes of memory. Yesterday it was down to 400,000.
    I woke up today, noticed all my call logs and text messages were gone. Checked the memory it was down to around 90,000.

Now, Wednesday I only achieved 1,000,000 bytes after editing my blackberry.alx file. Earlier in the day I was at 0 bytes of memory.

I have the 8130 on Sprint.

Does anyone know what could be eating my memory, or whatelse I can do to ensure that no more call logs, text messages are lost?

Thanks in Advance.
    05-16-08 07:34 AM
    First off, do you have a media card? If not storing pics on your device will eat tons of memory. Do a battery pull as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 07:46 AM
    I have a media card. How do I move my pictures in device memory to the media card?
    I don't do a battery pull too often - I have an otterbox case and it is combersome to do so. I do soft reset once in a while.
    Also I noticed that Empower saves all pictures from e-mails as a cache in the media center. I will continuously delete that folder which should free up some memory
    05-16-08 07:50 AM
    [QUOTE=TimG517;322410]I have removed all preloaded pictures, videos, brickbreaker, and many other apps by editing the blackberry.alx file.
    QUOTE]

You removed Brickbreaker...haha...I couldn't live with out that! That is how I get through work on boring days...haha
    05-16-08 07:50 AM
    I have a media card. How do I move my pictures in device memory to the media card?
    I really want to know the answer to this, too. I am trying to move all of my pictures and downloaded ringtones to the memory card, but can't figure out how to do it. Also, is there a way to change the settings so that all the pics you take and all the ringtones you download will automatically be saved on the memory card and not in the device memory? Will that help with this freakin erasing of messages and call log issue? (and maybe start allowing ALL of my texts to come through? Cause that would be awesome!!)
    HELP!
    I am so frustrated here. This phone has enourmous potential and it is so lame that 2 of the most basic functions (texting and call logs) are impacted so greatly. Why can't they resolve this issue?
    ~Trixie
    05-16-08 10:19 AM
    Move your picks with roxio in the desktop manager. It's the only program easily accessible, that will see what's on your actual device memory, make sure you set the save option in your camera to the card.

05-16-08 10:44 AM
    While your at it, go to media, options, and set reserved picture memory to 0. This will give you a free 2mg on your device memory. BTW, since you have an 8130 as i do, you need to do a battery pull every so often. Since it is a suretype device softreset does not work well at all. While the berry is on just remove the battery, wait a minute, and put it back in. Also, I noticed you have Viigo. You can adjust how many articles you receive, how often it updates itself, etc. Make sure when you are done with an application you hit 'close' instead of the arrow key on the right of your trackball. Let us know if that helps.....
    05-16-08 11:13 AM
    Also, be sure to clear out your SMS messages and phone logs since they take up space too.

Go to messages and hit Alt+S. This shows you all the SMS messages.

Alt+P shows you all the phone logs.

I have my settings to save message forever so I need to manually clean these out once in a while.

Finally, from the home screen if you hit Alt+lglg then it'll bring up the event logs. I have all of mine turned off since I don't care about event messages but you may need to clear these out since they take up space too.

I love the Pearl but the fact that you can't install applications on the SD card and the amount of memory that comes with it is quite pathetic.
    05-16-08 07:47 PM
    When doing a memory pull, do I need to turn power off or can I do at anytime?

05-16-08 08:04 PM
    Leave the device on. Then pull the battery.

05-16-08 08:25 PM
    Thanks all. Did everything that was said here.
    I forgot to add to the Original post, that when my call log got deleted, it kept a number from 4/18/08! That was on 5/15/08! Very odd!
    05-17-08 10:42 PM
    Viigo was a big time memory eater for me. I kept having to pull my battery to get my memory back. So I deleted it and my memory is a lot more stable.

05-17-08 10:49 PM
    I second the Viigo thing. It's a memory monster.
    05-17-08 10:59 PM
    But viigo is soooo good!

05-18-08 04:53 PM
    it's good, but it EATS memory like crazy
    05-19-08 01:55 PM
    But viigo is soooo good!

I'm hoping the new Viigo Tango will have addresses the memory issues. I don't know if its an actual memory leak, or if it just uses a ton of memory.
    05-19-08 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD