I also posted this in the Pearl 8130 board, but thought I might get different opinions here. Sorry if I'm trolling....

I am in the market for a new Blackberry... I know there are better models than both of these, but I need a small one (I hate big phones).

I was chatting with a rep the other day and he told me the new Pearl has the updated OS and the 8130 doesn't.

Is that the only difference (aside from the fact that one is a clamshell)? And which would I be better off getting in your opinion?

I can get the 8130 for free, or the Flip for $49.99.
    08-01-09 11:36 AM
    I also posted this in the Pearl 8130 board, but thought I might get different opinions here. Sorry if I'm trolling....

I am in the market for a new Blackberry... I know there are better models than both of these, but I need a small one (I hate big phones).

I was chatting with a rep the other day and he told me the new Pearl has the updated OS and the 8130 doesn't.

Is that the only difference (aside from the fact that one is a clamshell)? And which would I be better off getting in your opinion?

8130 has 3g but no wifi ,8220 has wifi no 3g.
    08-01-09 12:29 PM
    my flip has 3g i think?
    08-01-09 06:57 PM
    Bigger screen on the Flip. Bigger keys on the flip. Not sure what else. Possibly more memory.
    08-02-09 12:10 AM
    The flip doesn't have 3g. The biggest difference is the wifi and the fact that the phone flips? Personally, I'd choose the 8130...The flip feels really uncomfortable typing. It feels like the buttons are too flat and almost inverted, but not quite.
    08-02-09 12:27 AM
    Flip is the newest and more memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 12:37 AM
    The flip doesn't have 3g. The biggest difference is the wifi and the fact that the phone flips? Personally, I'd choose the 8130...The flip feels really uncomfortable typing. It feels like the buttons are too flat and almost inverted, but not quite.
    EV-DO Rev. 0 IS a 3G standard; so the 8230 Flip does indeed support 3G - just not the newer EV-DO Rev. A

And to me, the Flip is the most comfortable Blackberry i've typed on; but that only proves one thing. Keyboards are a VERY subjective thing. All I know is, the buttons are huge.
    08-02-09 10:11 AM
    128 mb memory , external display screen with message preview and it flips so easy to put in a pocket and forget about it.
    08-02-09 11:13 AM

One other big difference for me is the screen. It's bigger AND brighter. It just appears crisper. And yes, the external display is also a nice feature. The other reason I switched are the larger keys. MUCH easier to type on.
    08-02-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD