I am sorry but it looks to me like both seem to do the exact same things... Is there a difference between the two? I hope there is... does standby save more power than lock... I cant find any posts on the difference but there just has to be.. helpps
    07-10-08 04:44 PM
    yes, standby puts the phone in sleep mode which saves battery life.
    07-10-08 04:54 PM
    Standby : Locks keypad, saves power, button press does not allow backlight, only one button to enable / disable

Lock : Locks keypad, does not immediately shut down screen to save power, allows backlight and screen to turn on for pressed buttons, requires 2 button combo and possible password to undo
    07-10-08 05:04 PM
    i use standby

saves battery

and its quick to turn off/on ..hold one button not....*/phone/password or w/e
    07-10-08 05:05 PM
    Are you guys talking about the applications?
    07-10-08 05:11 PM
    Yeah but does either or shut off your service, or will I still be getting text messages, phone calls, IMs, etc..
    07-10-08 05:35 PM
    Standby : Locks keypad, saves power, button press does not allow backlight, only one button to enable / disable

Lock : Locks keypad, does not immediately shut down screen to save power, allows backlight and screen to turn on for pressed buttons, requires 2 button combo and possible password to undo

As for the standby.. When I press a button the backlight comes on and says "Press the mute to get off of standby" almost the exact same thing as lock, just different button....
    07-10-08 05:36 PM
    When my phone is in Standby will the notifications still work? Phone calls, text messages, emails, etc?
    07-10-08 05:36 PM
    When my phone is in Standby will the notifications still work? Phone calls, text messages, emails, etc?
    Yes it will.
    07-10-08 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD