I'm trying to get a wifi signal. It will locate the one I want to use but when I ckick on it my BB ask me if I wish to perform WPS setup. If I say yes it tells me to add a PIN # to my wireless access point ( I have no idea what that means). If I say no it fails to connect with the network. the network is my wireless network at my house, so I can't figure it out. Can any one help?
    11-09-08 03:04 PM
    Do you have a password or pass phrase set up on your home router? Its probably asking for that password or phrase. Hope that's it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 04:07 PM
    That is what I would say too.

It is asking for the security code for your home internet.

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).

Just look for whatever code you use to enable the home computer and you will be surfing before you know it.

msblueline
    11-10-08 01:27 AM
    whenever i try to connect at home it gives me a pin to "add to your wireless access point"

its not asking for a pin, its giving you one.
    and i dont know where im supposed to add it.
    12-11-08 06:39 PM
    welcome to the new gen of wireless networking. there are two options on your blackberry. one should be to enter a pin on the router, the other is a push butto type

so when it says select an option "scan for networks""manually add network" or "push button setup" select that.

now go to your router and look for a button that has two arrows in a circle. you are now connected

If you don't have a new router than i'm sorry to say you need to follow the suggestions at the top and find the password then enter that into your blackberry.
    12-24-08 11:31 PM
    I am sure by now you have figured it out, but if anyone else has the same problem you can also go into your router setup page (online) and look for the WIRELESS SETTINGS, than look for ADD WIRELESS DEVICE WITH WPS, from there you will have 2 choices Auto or Manual. In Auto you will need the PIN that your phone will give you and then you have to enter that in router page so it can locate and grant access. In Manual the router will give you the information you need to enter on your phone so you can sign the phone in yourself. From experience the manual one is not one that worked for me. As for just press the WPS button on the router and then press the connect on your phone that sounds simple enough and if you are broadcasting your SSID it should connect you. <- the simplest one and yet somehow it took me forever to figure out.
    02-27-09 04:12 PM
    I am sure by now you have figured it out, but if anyone else has the same problem you can also go into your router setup page (online) and look for the WIRELESS SETTINGS, than look for ADD WIRELESS DEVICE WITH WPS, from there you will have 2 choices Auto or Manual. In Auto you will need the PIN that your phone will give you and then you have to enter that in router page so it can locate and grant access. In Manual the router will give you the information you need to enter on your phone so you can sign the phone in yourself. From experience the manual one is not one that worked for me. As for just press the WPS button on the router and then press the connect on your phone that sounds simple enough and if you are broadcasting your SSID it should connect you. <- the simplest one and yet somehow it took me forever to figure out.
    Tried this, still not working, says session times out
    01-28-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD