Just thought I would share my story in case anyone had any input for me.

So, about 2 weeks ago my call log and my mms mysteriously deleted themselves. I called vzw and they told me to download the new os so I did that and a soft reset. All was well until yesterday when the ghost reared its ugly head again. After reading a few threads about people having the same issue I checked my status and saw that I had 0 bytes free which surprised me because I only have 1 app downloaded & I don't have an exorbitant amount of emails or texts stored. It is annoying when you show a missed call and when you hit view; there are no calls in your call log! So I called vzw again and they asked me a slew of questions, one of them being if I had any apps downloaded, which I do but only one 411 & more (which I love).The guy told me that 411 was most likely causing the problem & that I should delete it (which I don't really wanna do) and see if the problem continues. I never thought that could be the problem. In the mean time they're sending me another pearl which is ok I guess but I don�t really want another I just want mine to work. Sorry if I sound whiney, I am just annoyed.

Does anyone else think that 411 & more could be the problem or is that vzw excuse for the new update not working for me??

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance!!
    03-17-08 01:39 PM
    It very well could be that app. It could also be how you use your phone. Storing a lot of pictures, music, or ringtones takes up space. Using the switch application tool is also hard on the memory. What I would suggest is reading the link below managing your memory. Don't wait for it to dump your messages. Keep an eye on how much file free you have and when you need to, do a battery pull or clear messages.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bit-...han-bit-14386/
    03-17-08 01:47 PM
    It very well could be that app. It could also be how you use your phone. Storing a lot of pictures, music, or ringtones takes up space. Using the switch application tool is also hard on the memory. What I would suggest is reading the link below managing your memory. Don't wait for it to dump your messages. Keep an eye on how much file free you have and when you need to, do a battery pull or clear messages.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/bit-...han-bit-14386/
    Sunkast, Do you think I should accept the new pearl or keep my current one and try and manage my memory?
    03-17-08 02:17 PM
    I'd take the new phone.

I have a friend that has a newer model Pearl. She has never had any memory leak issues.

I have done the software update on mine. Hasnt changed a thing with the memory leak.......
    03-17-08 02:24 PM
    Sure, it could be the software you are using, uses up a lot of memory. But its still a problem with the OS not returning that memory to free memory.
    03-17-08 02:25 PM
    I had this same problem and spent about 1 1/2 hours on the home with bb support through verizon. We had to backup and then completely wipe my bbery and I haven't had the problem since. That was about 2 weeks ago or more.
    03-17-08 02:26 PM
    Might as well take the new phone.
    03-17-08 02:29 PM
    Yea at least you can sell the extra phone on ebay for some cash.
    03-17-08 04:15 PM
    Do you have an sd card ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-08 04:20 PM
    Yea at least you can sell the extra phone on ebay for some cash.
    Nah, I have to send it back.
    03-17-08 06:47 PM
    Do you have an sd card ?

no sd card yet.....maybe if I win the $100 to CB store!
    03-17-08 06:50 PM
    or you can just go to best buy and get one for like $20 ahhaha

but i would try the new device if they will give it to you, and start fresh instead of trying to fix the troubled one, cuz it will always be on your mind the problems you have had with it.
    03-17-08 06:57 PM
    Does anyone else think that 411 & more could be the problem or is that vzw excuse for the new update not working for me??
    I use Beyond 411 frequently on my 8130 and the app itself is not directly causing any memory issues. The memory leak problem is widely recognized amongst a number of BB models and across numerous OS versions. It can easily be controlled using the various memory management practices discussed in many threads within these forums. Outside of this, most likely your VZW 8130 was not defective.
    03-17-08 07:46 PM
    Hi there, i had the same problems with my bb pearl. My call log was always dissapearing and i was unable to recieve texts messages or view my missed calls. I went to the veizon store and the got me a different phone which i still had the same problems. I was on the phone with Tech support for over an hour and finally found out the culprit was low memory. I had found it hard to believe since i had only had the phone for a couple of weeks and really didnt have much on it yet. So i freed up some of my memory by deleting unused languages and the demo video. It seems like once it gets under about 9gigs all my problems come back. So i suggest buying a memory card to solve the problem.
    04-02-08 05:13 PM
    My Alltel 8130 started doing that one day. I would send a txt msg and it would only show in the message box for a few seconds. I pulled the battery and haven't had the problem since.

04-03-08 08:02 AM
    I never had an issue with my curve, but with my pearl I have to watch the memory and do a battery pull if it gets too low. The other day I was at 3mb, did a battery pull and was back to 13mb. I lost my call log once when I first got the pearl, but since I've been staying on top of it I haven't lost anything.
    04-03-08 10:55 PM
    I have major memory leak on my curve. I do a battery pull 2 to 4 times per day. I keep losing my previous months calendar items as well as the messages. It is so frustrating to not be able to look back even one month on the calendar and reference things. Never had these problems with the Palm. Please, RIM fix this!!!
    04-03-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD