It's an ATT phone
    options>about says Pearl 8100

Att Website says they have Pearl 8110 and 8120.

Does it matter when I upgrade her software?

What is a stable version to upgrade her to?

When I upgrade does it matter what version Dsktop manager I use?? I saw one thread say use an older version.
    I have version 4.7 Dm for my storm.
    How can I find an older version of DM software?

Appreciate any help. Nick
    03-14-09 05:50 PM
    I wouldn't bother with trying to use an older version of DM. As for the version of Pearl, it doesn't really matter from what I understand. Just plug her Pearl into DM and let it check for updates, if there are any, install them.
    03-14-09 05:56 PM
    To find out which model Pearl you have, click Options>About, first line gives you the model #.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry Software at ...

And this is where you can download the different desktop software that you may need. I don't know if it will post as a link or if you'll need to Google it, but many versions available for d/l.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-14-09 at 06:22 PM.
    03-14-09 06:16 PM
    Use the os posted as a sticky at the top of the 8100 forum. 124. DM 4.7 might be an issue. If you disconnect from the web before you delete the vendor code, you could be ok, but 4.6 would ensure success. Best to use CrackMem, and free up some memory. There's a link in the signature on the os post. If you have a SD in the Pearl back it up first. You'll probably have to reformat when your done. If you have a theme, make sure its 4.5 compatible. That should pretty much keep you on the path to success.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD