There is a symbol that looks like a little cassette tape and there is a number next to it. Can you tell me what the symbol is for? I don't think it's for voicemail because I check my voice mail and it's empty.

Please help.

Nancy
    06-01-08 02:00 PM
    There is a symbol that looks like a little cassette tape and there is a number next to it. Can you tell me what the symbol is for? I don't think it's for voicemail because I check my voice mail and it's empty.

Please help.

Nancy
    Um as far as i know it is voicemail...if im wrong someone please correct me but everytime i check my VM it dissapears....if you have no new VM try a battery pull...
    06-01-08 02:03 PM
    you may want to try a battery pull...pull it for 30 seconds or so...if that doesn't work...call your carrier and inform them that their server is reporting a voice mail...

there may be other reasons why that's beyond my expertise (or lack thereof)...but i've experienced the same thing and done the above and it worked.

good luck!
    06-01-08 02:04 PM
    Did you check to see if you have a text message? I don't text, but someone sent one to me and I could not get rid of that cassette icon until I found it! (Battery pull didn't help).

Good luck!
    Tamara
    06-02-08 10:27 AM
    Also check BB Messenger. I gives a notification of a message that does not appear in the Messages list.
    06-02-08 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD