I feel like I should know this. I've seen it before and it was a notification message from at&t rather than the regular text message notification icon. Now it's back again, or maybe it's slightly different (i have really bad eyes) but I deleted all of my messages including text, pic, email, and bbm, but it will not leave. Any ideas. I briefly popped my sister's sim card into the phone and it popped up, i pulled her sim card out and put mine back in and still there.

04-26-09 06:43 PM
    I feel like I should know this. I've seen it before and it was a notification message from at&t rather than the regular text message notification icon. Now it's back again, or maybe it's slightly different (i have really bad eyes) but I deleted all of my messages including text, pic, email, and bbm, but it will not leave. Any ideas. I briefly popped my sister's sim card into the phone and it popped up, i pulled her sim card out and put mine back in and still there.

Browser/Web Message. My sister had the same thing and asked me about it. You have to look around a bit that's what it is.
    04-26-09 06:50 PM
    Browser/Web Message. My sister had the same thing and asked me about it. You have to look around a bit that's what it is.
    That's exactly what I thought but I don't get why it's there. I selected messages>current date>options>delete prior so now I'm like wtf
    04-26-09 06:56 PM
    Did you have trouble being able to access WAP, and request notification when it was available? That's normally what it is. Go to your messages, hit the menu key, click on view folders, select the browser folder and it should be there.
    04-27-09 04:43 AM
    That's exactly what I thought but I don't get why it's there. I selected messages>current date>options>delete prior so now I'm like wtf
    Browser Message Push
    Instead of creating an icon on the home screen of the BlackBerry wireless device, a Browser Message Push will arrive in the Inbox on the device. When the user opens the message, the default browser on the device is launched then opens the page. Unlike the Browser Channel Push or Browser Content Push, the web page is stored as a browser message instead of in the BlackBerry Browser's cache. This means that the page will be available until the message is deleted. It will not be removed from the BlackBerry Browser cache when other events (browsing, cache clear) take place. The message created from a Browser Message Push is not sent to, and will not appear in, a user's Inbox on their desktop. It is sent directly to the device
    04-27-09 07:16 AM
    Browser Message Push
    Instead of creating an icon on the home screen of the BlackBerry wireless device, a Browser Message Push will arrive in the Inbox on the device. When the user opens the message, the default browser on the device is launched then opens the page. Unlike the Browser Channel Push or Browser Content Push, the web page is stored as a browser message instead of in the BlackBerry Browser's cache. This means that the page will be available until the message is deleted. It will not be removed from the BlackBerry Browser cache when other events (browsing, cache clear) take place. The message created from a Browser Message Push is not sent to, and will not appear in, a user's Inbox on their desktop. It is sent directly to the device
    well, since I wiped the whole bb and it was still there, I don't think that was the problem because once you delete that message it supposed to go away just like a text icon. But it doesn't matter now because that blackberry fell in the water today.
    04-27-09 02:11 PM
    It's actually the push-to-talk icon.
    04-27-09 02:15 PM
    It's actually the push-to-talk icon.
    PTT is not even active on my phone.
    04-27-09 02:19 PM
    It doesn't need to be active. If you accidentally hit it or someone hit it, it will pop up on the screen. You can use crackmem to get rid of the file from the os or you could download maxmem and delete it that way
    Last edited by addict83; 04-27-09 at 02:23 PM.
    04-27-09 02:20 PM
    It doesn't need to be active. If you accidentally hit it or someone hit it, it will pop up on the screen. You can use crackmem to get rid of the file from the os or you could download maxmem and delete it that way

i don't mean to sound rude or anything, but it was the browser message, I found out why. I logged into my at&t account today and found out that my saving abel answertone is about to expire. Whenever an answertone is about to expire, they send you a browser message. For some reason it wouldn't go away.

Anyway, it's all gone away now. my poor poor phone. It was a trooper.
    04-27-09 03:27 PM
    No harm done. I wasn't used to seeing that as a browser message. I saw that and thought about ptt. Glad you got it fixed man
    04-27-09 03:30 PM
    No harm done. I wasn't used to seeing that as a browser message. I saw that and thought about ptt. Glad you got it fixed man
    I had to find out what your talking about, and your right, the PTT icon looks amazingly similiar, except it's all blue on the ptt icon.
    04-28-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD