The phone is fast. It's literally a 9700 packed into a smaller package. There are some things that I hate...

First, when you lock it using the symbol key, and unlock it using the mute button, if you press the mute button too fast it registers twice, and goes into media.

Second, my old 8120 had UMA and this doesnt?

Third, when reading emails on it, it shows read on my BB but doesnt show read on windows live mail, so i have to mark them as read again on my computer. My old 8120 did it no problems

Fourth, BB App store doesnt work, and the get new apps browser never wants to use the wifi instead of 3G

Fifth, the browser doesnt support youtube videos?

All these problems might be able to fix, and maybe its just me. Anyone can shed some light into fixing these problems?

Also, btw, some people were complaining about how the right side convenience key needs to be pressed really hard into the phone in order to work. This key is a 2 place key. Its used for the camera. You click it once, and it auto focus, and you click it even more it captures the shot.
    06-12-10 09:00 AM
    What carrier are you on?
    06-12-10 10:36 PM
    What carrier are you on?
    I'm on Rogers wireless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-10 07:22 AM
    I'm on Rogers wireless

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rogers doesn't support UMA on any 3G device, but hopefully they will at some point. When at home I use my 8120 for that reason, granted the unlocked 9550 I use doesn't have the hardware for that use unfortunately. There is apparently an issue with the 3G/UMA hand off.

have you been using m.youtube.com? it works on my 9550, and 8120.
    06-13-10 09:56 AM
    Fifth, the browser doesnt support youtube videos?
    Configure your browser to Mobile. Out of the box, the browser is configured to emulate IE.
    06-13-10 10:48 PM
    Fourth, BB App store doesnt work, and the get new apps browser never wants to use the wifi instead of 3G
    install bolt and try to get to the store from there. did you sent up a wap or router for the wifi - just checking
    06-13-10 11:08 PM
    update, i got app store, working, downloaded a bunch of apps.

youtube still doesnt work, and i tried changing the browser identification to firefox, blackberry and ie. doesnt work on any.
    06-15-10 06:35 PM
    update, i got app store, working, downloaded a bunch of apps.

youtube still doesnt work, and i tried changing the browser identification to firefox, blackberry and ie. doesnt work on any.
    i was going to tell you that myself. my fiances tour was set to firefox and wouldnt play youtube vids. i switched to blackberry and it worked fine
    06-22-10 03:12 AM
    where do i find out if the phone will be released in united states and what carrier it will be on. man do i want this phone. thanks
    06-22-10 09:43 AM
    where do i find out if the phone will be released in united states and what carrier it will be on. man do i want this phone. thanks
    Just keep on the look out around here.

As soon as a (any) U.S. carrier decides to finally announce something (and none of them have said squat yet), you'll hear about it here real fast.
    06-22-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD