Ive had this phone for 2 days...and it just seems like a hassle to use?? is it just me or do i just need to get used to this??

it sounds like a lot of people are having problems...

(i had a sprint katana so this is way different to me)
    03-03-08 09:45 AM
    It is probably just you.

Many many people love the 8100 Pearl... one of the best selling BlackBerrys. My wife loves hers.

Give it two weeks. Read the FAQs here, Get the tips for using it from Stinsonddog's Tips
    Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips

If you cannot get along with it then, you will know for sure.

I find that people with a very open mind to change and new ideas, do well with it.
    Last edited by jsanders; 03-03-08 at 10:48 AM.
    03-03-08 09:53 AM
    LOVE my pearl. not much it can't do. couldn't imagine using another device. hope you change your mind
    03-03-08 09:55 AM
    Absolutely... give it time, you'll love it.
    03-03-08 10:00 AM
    I would definitely give it a chance! I love my pearl and can't live without it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-08 10:41 AM
    I would definitely give it a chance! I love my pearl and can't live without it!

03-03-08 10:43 AM
    I have a pearl as well as a curve. The pearl rocks! It will take time to get used to tho. I wasn't sure about it at first. Its completely different from most phones. Read these forums! It will help you make sense of all the new stuff.
    03-03-08 10:45 AM
    I've always wanted a Blackberry (I love gizmos) and when the chance came for an upgrade from my service provider, I jumped at it and got the Pearl 8100. Like you I was mystified about how it worked, having had a Sony Ericsson W300i which was a pleasure to use. At first I had a problem with seeing the identities of my callers and it took me loads of visits to the O2 stores and reading forums to sort that out. If you can stick with it - go for it. It has a personality all of its own. I want to use mine for more things that's why I've joined this forum. Good luck.
    03-03-08 11:12 AM
    You'll get used to the Pearl after a while, and it will get used to you (AutoText, etc.)

Welcome to the Black n Crack!
    03-03-08 11:32 AM
    I wasn't sure when i first got it but after about 2 weeks of playing with it and learning the ins and outs it is the one of my best cell phone purchases in a long time...

I love the fact that any mp3 can be a ringtone even though they tell you that it can't be done...
    03-04-08 08:04 AM
    I came from alot of diffrent phones so i adjusted easily. but believe me when i first used mah Auntie BB Pearl i was so fustrated and felt like throwing it across the room! and i thought to mah self i would never get one these!but now i have 1 and the learning curve was like 2days then i got the hang of it and now i love the Pearl to death!
    so yea its you.
    Mah friend has a Pink Katana 2 and i get fustrated when i use it or regular for that matter cause ive gotten so use to mine.
    03-04-08 08:39 AM
    i love my pearl ....i think your just not use to a pda so it will take time play around with it
    03-04-08 08:52 AM
    I hated my pearl when I first got it too. It took me a good 3 weeks to get used to it but now I love it.

Give it some time and if in another month, you still hate it, then maybe its not for you.
    03-04-08 09:40 AM
    yea once you get used to how the phone works, its just an amazing phone with so many capabilities
    03-04-08 02:37 PM
    yeah it took me a day or two to get used to it but i loved it...i've since switched to the curve
    03-04-08 05:22 PM
    give it some time it took me awhile to get used to mine but now i love it can't live without it
    03-04-08 05:58 PM
    i've had my pearl for a week and i love the heck out of it. it does take some getting use to but man it's nothing but love. i learn something different everyday
    03-05-08 03:27 AM
    I've gotten so used to my saphire Pearl that I can't use any other phone, including the Curve. Nothing wrong with the Curve, but bc of the Pearls keypad is easier to use to me. Before I even found out about this site, my family had already renamed my phone a crackberry. That's how much I love it.

03-05-08 07:11 AM
    What everyone else has said, give it some time. I came from a Razr to the Pearl and it took some time to adjust, but I love the Pearl now...
    03-05-08 07:47 AM
    Yeah, I switched from the RAZR too. And when my blackberry crashed on me and I had to use a Samsung T429, I like to have "died".

03-05-08 07:51 AM
    It will take some time but in the end it is worth it. Keep at it!!!!
    03-05-08 10:25 AM
    LOL! its a pain in the ***, but well worth all the aggravation, i love my pearl and wouldnt trade it for anything. <33
    03-05-08 09:11 PM
    Use CB to answer your questions. It is very helpful here and once you understand you BB, you will love it.

03-05-08 09:15 PM
    i am on my third pearl, and I think it took me this long to finally get used to it. I came from using just about every other type of smart phone from the windoze devices to almost all of the symbiam phones and I don't think I could use any other device now. I also think the CB community is a big part of loving it. Just keep with it and trust that you will love it too.
    03-05-08 09:23 PM
    It took me about 20min to get used to sure type but love it now and so will you!
    03-05-08 09:29 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD