Well long story short, the retainer clip for my trackball broke and barely holds the ball in now. I did not drop it, sit on it, etc. It is kept in a case at all times and is at my side. Needless to say I immediately called T-Mobile and spoke to Tech support. I explained that the phone is only 2 months old and should not have fallen apart like this. She informed me that it is considered physical damage and transferred my to Assurion who are more than happy to replace my Pearl for the. $110.00 deductible. I begged off and hung up with a claim #. I don't feel I should be penalized for something I did not do! Has anyone else had their trackball pop out for no apparent reason? How should I handle this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-08 07:40 AM
    You can buy retainer clips im pretty sure. Just get a new one! They are not expensive at all.
    05-20-08 07:58 AM
    Yes, I think you can do that too. You shouldn't have to pay for something you didn't break.
    05-20-08 09:52 AM
    The chances of you convincing a CSR over the phone that your new phone has 'just fallen apart' are remote. imo you need to do one of two things.

1). go to the store and show them you phone in the hope that the physical evidence will convince them.

2). buy a new retaing ring and maybe a new trackball as well. Cellular Accessories - Mobiado, Motorola, Apple, Microsoft, Acer, Accessories Store, Nokia, Panasonic, have them for $8.99. Ebay also have them for a bit more money but probably faster delivery.
    05-20-08 01:54 PM
    Hmm... Thats interesting, yeah it's true you can replace the trackball, but I am surprised your carrier didn't give you the benefit of the doubt and replace your phone. Especially considering how short of time you have had the phone. I am guessing they have a policy about physical damage, and won't replace it unless there is a technical problem with your phone. What ever the case, good Luck!
    05-21-08 12:26 AM
    That sucks! I would try to take it in to a T-Mobile store Pete6 said and maybe talk to the store manager. Make sure that you have your paperwork in hand when you walk in. Armed with the evidence, you'll probably have better luck than on the phone!

Good Luck!!
    05-21-08 01:23 PM
    Take it Back to the store.
    05-21-08 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD