i've currently got the curve 8520. i like the phone but the only 3 things i dont like about it are the fact it lacks gps, the poor screen and the ridiculously slow internet. the natural thing to do would be to get a bold 9700 or wait for the 9780. however where ever i go, i always see people with the bold and fancy something different.
    so i was wondering how does the pearl 3g compare with the bold? i do want a sharper screen and have tried a pearl instore but only people with extensive experience with one will really know how it is. also is 3g internet alot faster then EDGE/GPRS? i generally only visit mobile sites for the news and football and cricket scores and the occasional 'full site'. how is google maps on the phone too? i very rarely use it on my curve as its slow but if i did it would only be for short car journeys or if im lost somewhere.
    if im going to sign up to a 2 year contract i wanna make sure i pick the right phone thanks in advance.
    10-19-10 05:52 PM
    does not matter, if you have a 8520 and are looking @ a 9700 then you much be with t-mobile and tmo does not have the device and may not offer it. that said its amazing, the pearl is just like a 9700 with a condensed keyboard so if you like the speed of the bold in a small package look no further
    10-19-10 06:32 PM
    I live in the UK and most blackberrys are available on all carriers. I can either have a 9700 or the pearl for my upgrade. If I wait for the 9780 I will have to pay for the phone and I don't want too when I can get something else that does the job for free. I do not mind the keyboard (the uk one is diff to others I think). Its just the screen, the speed of the browser on mobile sites and if u can actually use google maps (its far too slow and useless on the 8520) that I'm curious about before I make my decision!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 07:09 PM
    yikes my bad - I am no help as I have only used a 9100 - that 9105 looks pretty odd. if you are used to a full kb then why change, size? again I like mine a lot, its plenty fast for my needs and I am pretty picky. was away for the weekend in sf, not a super complex city but google maps was very handy for plotting courses and estimating walking distance and its almost instant painting a map or directions. its a pretty unique device I think, I have instant outlook via bes, very easy to use menus, great copy/paste functions. not much negative that I can think of really.
    10-19-10 07:16 PM
    I almost bought the 9700 last year but then I found out that the 9100 was coming... so I decided not to get the Bold. I am so glad that I waited.

10-19-10 10:59 PM
    Pearl 3G is awesome.
    It's just said that RIM hasn't released a CDMA model yet.
    10-19-10 11:06 PM
    The full QWERTY keyboard hurts my fingers lol and it doesn't bother me as much with the pearls pad as before my 8520 all previous phones I owned had the traditional 3 letters to a key keyboard. Gps and screen and internet seem to be on par with the bold... Might have to order it tonight then

10-20-10 02:15 AM
    Terrific phone. I have been waiting for this phone to be available for some time, and picked one up on release day. Couldn't be happier with it. Great work device that is easy to carry. Absolutely no regrets.
    10-20-10 07:10 AM
    Psycl, what's the screen like on it? Is it really good? On par with the bolds. I've got an 8520 and I'm disappointed with it. If its good I'm getting it

10-20-10 09:28 AM
    oh yep I'd like to get a new 9100 too.
    That you all!
    10-20-10 11:01 AM
    Psycl, what's the screen like on it? Is it really good? On par with the bolds. I've got an 8520 and I'm disappointed with it. If its good I'm getting it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]

IMO, the screen resolution is really good and parallels that of the (bold) 9700, just a bit smaller on the 9100. You would notice a big improvement coming from the 8520.
    10-20-10 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD