I wanted to install something on my Pearl using the Desktop App Loader (ver 4.2.0.14). I found the file I wanted to install, but when I got to the confirmation page, it said that, in addition to the file I wanted to install, I had chosen to delete "Blackberry API Library". I didn't choose to delete anything!! I went back to the selection page to see where I could choose to NOT delete the API Library, but I couldn't find it! So, I cancelled out of the process, and decided to try to run App Loader and not choose to install anything at all... Sure enough, it still wanted me to delete the API Library. Thinking that perhaps this was something that was on my 8800, I hooked that BB up and went through the above process..... No API Library listed anywhere.....

So, I have questions.....

1. What is Blackberry API Library?

2. Do I need it? If I need it, how can I un-choose deleting it on my 8100? (it is NOT listed on the page that shows everything that is installed. I checked 4 times).
    11-06-07 04:41 AM
    I'm pretty certain it's needed. I'm not 100% sure what it does. Kasperapd, Bla1ze or John Clark (among others) might know...

But, in the interim, I suggest you try and get an OTA copy of said application to install...
    11-06-07 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD