Ok - so twice now I've had this issue with my BB. All read emails get a little folder icon next to them, instead of the open envelope icon. When they do that - you can't delete them. The first time this happened, I also couldn't open BB messenger - I was getting a java error. This last time, it was only the email issue.

My support department wiped my BB each time to get it working again. Has anyone else had this issue? Can I do anything else to fix it (or to prevent it, preferably!)?

Today my support guy said that the Today theme might be causing it - but the other guy at work (that I know of) that has had the same issue wasn't even using the Today theme So now I am using the generic AT&T theme which I really hate

I thought it was a fluke the first time, but after it happened again I wanted to research the issue to make sure A. it doesn't happen again or B. I can fix it myself so I don't have to call the help desk and coordinate with someone to come fix it for me.

Thanks!!
    04-07-08 01:24 PM
    I take it you have your phone activated on a BES? If it is, then I would think it has something to do with their IT policy or server.
    04-07-08 01:51 PM
    Yes, it is on a BES. But that shouldn't mess up the emails on my inbox. And, it seems like if the BES or IT policy didn't allow messenger, then no one would be able to use it. To my knowledge, it's just me and one other that can't use it.

The messenger thing is an annoyance, but isn't necessary for work. The other problem, of not being able to delete messages that come into my inbox is the more troubling one, and the one I'm hoping to fix. AND, I have a feeling that when that one gets fixed, the messager thing will be resolved as well.

eta: when I start up my BB, or try to use messenger, here is the error I get:
    Uncaught exception: java.lang.ClassCastExceptio
    04-21-08 02:05 PM
    Well, the folder icon next to a message indicates that the message has been "filed". What type of email client do you use at work? (Outlook/Lotus/Novell?) A filed message does not reside in your general inbox. My guess is that you guys have some sort of system that filters messages to certain folders that you dont have access to delete from your phone.
    04-22-08 08:55 AM
    Your functianlity differs based on your IT policy. I would go ahead and check with your IT's and go from there.
    04-22-08 09:22 AM
    Im having the same issue with messages in the inbox showing up as folders instead of envelopes, the messages are not filed, they are new messages.

this is only happening for one of my users, and only happens after i restart my BES.

I have done the following

-reimaged the device
    -reinstalled desktop software
    -deleted and recreated user on the BES
    -issued new device

like i said i can fix the issue temporarily by doing all of the above, but every time i restart the BES server all new messages come in as folders for just the one user.

Thanks you in advance.
    06-16-08 01:37 PM
    This link, and the link to the underlying BB FAQ, may help you. It will allow you to delete the "stuck" emails. I used it today after my BES messages and BB folder got out of sync.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f33/can...-method-39978/
    06-16-08 01:51 PM
    you will find its inside a folder normally junk folder... highlight the email, bb button, view folder, enter folder highlighted, move email with folder icon to your inbox, check inbox. job done.
    05-29-13 03:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD