Hey guys, I just recently received my Blackberry Pearl 8100 from a seller here on Crackberry and there's something weird going on with the audio from the phone.

I receive a call, pick it up but cannot hear anything, nor can they hear me. However, once I put it on speakerphone, I can hear them, but they still cannot hear me. I triple checked to make sure I wasn't on mute when I picked up the phone.

I will be taking it apart this weekend to see what's wrong with the phone...which is why I come to you guys with the question, what exactly should I be looking for once I open it up? The mic must be broken and most likely have to be replaced since it doesn't work at all, but what about the issue of not being able to hear the other person when I pick up the phone until I put it on speakerphone? Is there a specific part for ONLY audio output while on handset?

Thanks guys!
    11-05-09 03:21 PM
    Before I'd tear it apart, try freshening up the OS. You never know, it could just be a software error. You could always check the event log, and see if it shows anything.
    11-06-09 04:43 AM
    Thanks for the response BigBadWulf. I've reinstalled with the latest OS a few times now and it doesn't seem to budge =/.

I've also checked the event log but have no idea what to look for in there, haha.
    11-06-09 04:52 PM
    Look for anything bold, click on it, copy it, and paste it to your memopad. Then you can always post it here.

On this sad day, let's take a moment, and say a prayer for the folks who's lives ended far too soon at Fort Hood
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-06-09 at 04:59 PM.
    11-06-09 04:57 PM
    Only thing that was bold in the event folder was this

Name: profiles
    GUID: 60e86600a0af3a48
    Time: Nov 06, 2009 17:01:20
    TuneManager: Cannot resolve AT&T Tune

which I don't think relates to my problem, haha.
    11-07-09 12:00 PM
    Yep, pretty unlikely. The microphone is at the bottom of the PCB, and the speaker you can't miss up top. There's a small one up top front for the earpiece, and the big ugly one at the back for the speakerphone.

I hear tell youre doin well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-09 04:33 PM
    Alright, microphone on the bottom, earpiece speaker is the small one up top in the front.

Thanks BigBadWulf!
    11-08-09 12:05 AM
    worked for me..don't really have the same issue (dw)
    11-08-09 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD