So I picked up a Verizon Pearl 8130 to try out. I activated it and opened the browser. I noticed that even mobile-friendly sites weren't displaying correctly (crackberry included). All of the site navigation is randomly scattered across the display. I know that the 8130 is a bit obsolete these days but it seems that web browsing is totally worthless.

Is this really the best that the Pearl can do or am I missing something?
    04-06-11 12:48 PM
    So I picked up a Verizon Pearl 8130 to try out. I activated it and opened the browser. I noticed that even mobile-friendly sites weren't displaying correctly (crackberry included). All of the site navigation is randomly scattered across the display. I know that the 8130 is a bit obsolete these days but it seems that web browsing is totally worthless.

Is this really the best that the Pearl can do or am I missing something?
    Might need the OS reloaded. Browsing on a 8130 isn't the fastest thing in the universe but does work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 03:05 PM
    Mine worked great for casual web browsing. May check to see if its set to Column view or not. I would recommend column view. It is a little slow but still works. Never had a problem like your describing. The only problem I ever had was certain inputs like scrolling menus and the such didn't work well.

04-06-11 03:13 PM
    Back on the 9650 now. Did update the pearls software tho. I try again and let u know.

04-06-11 08:03 PM
    Updating the OS did the trick. Still having trouble gettin used to the trackball tho. Doesn't like to scroll horizontally. Replaced trackball with new. Thnk I might just need to adjust to the new feel. THX everyone for the help.

04-09-11 10:45 AM
    Have to add that in the Options TAB when you are in the browser you can change what browser is emulated by the 8100. Basically, it will help in viewing certain pages if you ever have problems... kinda miss this function in my newer Curve!
    04-23-11 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD