New BB user, got my 8120 2 days ago and love it
    I am having troubles browsing the web when not near wifi though, in particular just now when i tried to go to wap.crackberry.com the hotspot browser said "this is a wifi service, please ensure your device has an active wifi connection and try agian". Opera mini gives an error that also amounts to "Access denied". I do have a BB data plan with my provider, and I am pretty sure I was able to browse without wifi yesterday (tho i do have wifi at home). Gmail and msn messenger are connected and working just fine, oddly enough.
    I thought the whole idea behind a blackberry was to be able to access the internet from anywhere you get a signal? any ideas?
    04-28-08 12:33 PM
    Try this: Open up BB Browser, Press menu and choose go to. Then press menu again and choose change browser. Choose internet.
    04-28-08 12:44 PM
    That was the trick, thanks!
    The option was in a slightly different place than you described, but obvious once i found it.
    Opera mini still seems to have issues, but so far in general i havent been impressed with it on the BB (though i do use opera as my main browser on my pc).
    04-28-08 12:56 PM
    From my experience, and talking with other users, is that Opera Mini will not function over a wifi network. This is some what misleading however if you have a data plan though. If you have a data plan, and go to use Opera Mini over wifi, it seems to work.

As far as I know, the only apps you can use over wifi without a data plan is the BB browser, and JiveTalk (an IM app).
    04-28-08 01:13 PM
    [QUOTE]
    ....As far as I know, the only apps you can use over wifi without a data plan is the BB browser, ...
    I have a 8120 and i have been able to browse with bb browser at times and other times I get an error "Error: Requested content 'wap.crakberry.com/' cannot be accessed. You do not have access to the site."
    I have turned off the Mobile Network and enabled the wifi, or left on the mobile network and had wifi enabled. I can not find anything consistent about when it works or when it doesn't. Also i get the same error when i try different sites.
    All i am looking to do is browse the net when i am in a wifi area, so i don't really want to pay for a data plan.
    What can i do?
    05-13-08 01:42 PM
    After looking further i found this other thread it worked for me

I tried to link to the post but i can't since this is my 2nd post. Anyways the address is forums.crackberry.com/f79/8120-wifi-problems-28234/
    05-13-08 02:47 PM
    i can't change my hotpot bowser to internet.
    03-03-09 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD