Verizon 8130, white sticker with pink stripe through it on battery and white sticker on phone. What colors would indicate water damage?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 08:28 AM
    If the sticker on the phone is still white then you don't have water damage. The sticker on the battery has a red/pink line (sometimes a x or a + sign) that bleeds onto the other sticker when the phone gets wet to indicate that it's been in contact with water.
    Last edited by controversialfigure; 06-11-09 at 09:57 AM.
    06-11-09 09:55 AM
    ok good,thanks. now i gotta go to vzw and talk to em...
    06-11-09 11:52 AM
    If the sticker on the phone is still white then you don't have water damage. The sticker on the battery has a red/pink line (sometimes a x or a + sign) that bleeds onto the other sticker when the phone gets wet to indicate that it's been in contact with water.

One more time. The sticker on the battery is NOT a water damage indicator.
    It is a "void if removed sticker". You can leave the battery in a bathub
    full of water for days and that sticker will not change.
    06-11-09 04:30 PM
    Well I went in and got a new pearl on hold for me when the shipment comes, should have tried to sweet talk em into a curve. Would have been nice...or spend 99 bucks, hmm...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 04:53 PM
    One more time. The sticker on the battery is NOT a water damage indicator.
    It is a "void if removed sticker". You can leave the battery in a bathub
    full of water for days and that sticker will not change.
    Are you sure? When mine fell in a pool, the sticker was bright pink. It did used to have the stripe though. Doesn't really matter to me though. Still works perfectly.
    06-11-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD