My BB 8100 was water damaged. Thankfully after it dried out and I reloaded the software, I'm able to use my BB. I'm roaming and everytime I try to switch to another network, it says emergency calls only. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-08 10:17 PM
    Your phone is damaged and needs repair. Look at this site . Global BlackBerry Repair Centre

They say, 'Not all H2O damages is repairable'.

Strange English but they are saying what I have learned from these forums, Blackberrys hate water and seem to be more sensitive to it than some other electronic devices.

RIM know this and have equipped the device with at least 3 chemical water detectors. One is on the battery beside the gold contacts. It is a label with X X X X on it. It will go pink/red on contact with water.

Inside the phone in the hole beside the battery, just above the SIM card there is a white square of plastic. This too goed pink/red on contact with water. There is a second one of these inside the phone.

Phones that have red liquid detectors are usually not repaired under warranty.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news.
    05-12-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD