hi,
    i have a bb 8120, a couple of weeks ago it got wet and did not turn on, i took it to get it fixed, they told me something was wrong with a part however the store did not have the replacement in stock. usually when the phone doesn't turn on which is the part that needs to be replaced??
    appreciate if anyone can help me out..
    08-01-09 01:31 PM
    cbvj10,
    unfortunately that question is a little too vague.. the number of things that could be wrong is probably equivalent to the number of parts in the pearl!
    first of all, HOW wet...little splash,. or immersion?
    I would recommend a new battery first, but as batteries are sealed, that is probably NOT it...
    Im really at a loss. Did you let it dry for long time?
    some have reported success by letting it dry for DAYS before even attempting to turn it on, but it varies...even using a LITTLE external heat to dry it...
    ie - hair dryer on LOW..or even an oven on REALLY LOW setting...
    im guessing you are past this.
    If the store says something is broken, they are probably either correct, or trying to get business
    safest thing is to let it dry for a while, if it still doesn't turn on, I would recommend an upgrade/refurb/E-bay
    good luck
    jrv
    08-01-09 06:22 PM
    If you have insurance with your service provider they could get you a new one for less than full price which is nice. Mine got wet a while back and I just put it under a desk fan that I have and it started working after about a half hour. How wet did it get?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 07:37 PM
    how wet did you phone get?
    or you broke the innards when you tryed to dry it, or when you dropped it.
    08-02-09 06:14 PM
    I dropped mine in a sink full of dish water 2days after i got mine.it was full of water!my phone shut off and wouldn't turn back on.i removed the battery and used a blow dryer 2 dry it out.it took a few days to get back to normal.now everything runs fine but that's something that only works when you do it right away

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 08:30 PM
    best thing when you get it wet is take the battery out immediatly and set the phone in some dry rice for 24 hours or so to absorb some of the water, do not attempt to turn the phone on at all while its still wet or it will be fried
    08-02-09 08:33 PM
    i usually just let it dry out for a couple days or hit it w/a blow dryer. the key is to make sure you shut it right off and take out the battery as soon as it gets wet. it'll usually come back on. if not, you probably blew a resistor or something.
    08-02-09 08:58 PM
    I have heard.. dry rice helps removed the moisture from mobile quickly
    08-03-09 11:52 AM
    i dropped mine in the pool a couple days ago, and the dry rice trick actually does work. my screen is still a little blotchy from the water but everything works now...just make sure you take the battery and memory card out, and put them all in a ziploc bag full of rice.
    08-03-09 06:43 PM
    i have some friends who use a dehumidifier that they have sitting around and will leave it in there for a while and they always seem to work
    08-04-09 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD