I have the new Verizon 8230 Pearl Flip, and noticed to the left of the earpiece on the inner flip there is an LED indicator lamp. For the life of me I cannot get this to light up for anything, including messages. Just wondering if anyone had any insight. I have owned a Pearl and Storm in the past and am a pretty avid BB user. It almost seems that RIM didn't include this as an option yet on their current OS.
    06-30-09 04:37 PM
    It's not an LED. You're describing the light sensor that determines whether to lighten or brighten the screen. The only LED is on the front of the phone above the external display.
    06-30-09 04:54 PM
    I was wondering where that lite sensor was Thanks
    06-30-09 08:42 PM
    It's not an LED. You're describing the light sensor that determines whether to lighten or brighten the screen. The only LED is on the front of the phone above the external display.
    yes.

the led indicator settings in the screen/kb options are for the external led to the right of the camera lens.
    06-30-09 09:33 PM
    Dang it! I guess it was more wishful thinking than anything. I just assumed RIM tested the aspect of indication while the flip was open. It's nice to be on a browser or another app and have the blinking light in front of you to let you know that you got a new message. Now I guess it's someones turn to tell me to go get the Tour then.
    06-30-09 11:31 PM
    Get a Tour.

Actually, I agree with you.. I have the same "problem". When you're in some apps it'll alert you that you have something waiting for you with an icon, but its not consistant for all apps. I usually have vibrate on so I can tell I hae something waiting for me, but don't necessarily know what that is unless I go back to the home screen.
    07-01-09 05:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD