Prob #1: I set language to mulit-tap. The device frequently switches it back without being prompted to.

Prob#2: The keys freeze up on me (lock mode) and pressing * [answer] does not unlock, going to the lock icon and pressing unlock does not work. I literally have to pop out my battery and replace in order for the keys to unlock.

Prob #3: It wiped out an e-mail address stating it was now invalid, yet it is not.

GRRRRRRRRRRR..........

any help would be welcomed and appreciated.
    03-11-08 12:12 PM
    Did you download new update for 8130? Thread is somewhere on this forum.

Problems 2 and 3 may be resolved after download, but problem 1 might be in tool/options.

Do you use multitap cause you dont like suretype, cause I swear suretype is the best thing since sliced bread once you get over the learning curve. I type faster than some people who use a qwerty keyboard.
    Last edited by megatron27; 03-11-08 at 12:46 PM.
    03-11-08 12:43 PM
    2. Where did you get the device, new or used?

3. what about the email address what odd? Something had to be

On the SureType, have you given a full to two weeks to get used to it? You should.
    03-11-08 12:51 PM
    i had the same problem with the suretype. verizon switched out my phone, stating they had not heard of that issue before. got my new baby last monday, and has been silky smooth ever since.
    03-11-08 02:22 PM
    1. I bought it brand new from the Verizon store.

2. I may re-try the sure type when i have time to devote to learning it. Right now it is a major pain (LOL)

3. In installing update, how do I do it??? I will do a search of it and maybe it will be self explanatory.
    03-11-08 05:30 PM
    The e-mail, I don't know, I have been receiving regularly from that address and even got one today. About an hour after getting one today I was givena message that it is not verified anymore. I tried deleting and re-programming. I don't know......
    03-11-08 05:32 PM

3. In installing update, how do I do it??? I will do a search of it and maybe it will be self explanatory.
    new verizon os thread. go there for instructions and post there if you have problems. lots of folks willing to help. good luck!
    03-11-08 06:11 PM
    how can switch from multi-tap to suretype. I want to try both options. to see what works best

jeff
    03-18-08 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD