Not a bad app. A bit bummed that none of the other GPS apps work (MS Live, Infospace, Beyond 411)

More coming after I get a chance to run it through it's paces tomorrow. So far it seems pretty quick to map a route.
    11-10-07 12:27 AM
    What Im looking for the GPS to do it find my exact location. What if Im lost in the woods or on a road somewhere and I dont know a zip code, etc. GPS should be able to pick up where I am on the map and then I can zoom around on the map to see major points. VZ Navigator will not do that.
    11-10-07 08:31 AM
    What Im looking for the GPS to do it find my exact location. What if Im lost in the woods or on a road somewhere and I dont know a zip code, etc. GPS should be able to pick up where I am on the map and then I can zoom around on the map to see major points. VZ Navigator will not do that.
    vznav has a where i am feature.
    11-10-07 11:38 AM
    Is the VZ nav app preloaded on your pearls? Mine does not have it.
    11-10-07 12:43 PM
    no gib its under the preloaded vzw home page...(at least that was the default when i got mine...) click on vznavigator and it should activate. they had a daily fee instaed of a monthly one i wonder if they still do. i think it was like 2.99 for 3 bucks if i were in a strange town and or lost i might chuck for it... dont think id pay the 10 a month because there are so many free internet based direction programs that work well... and where i am from is really hilly and nothing is laid out square a la nyc and i use google and yahoo all the time...and they work.

i just dont think vzw will be able to charge that for long there are so many other possibilities...

its like free 411... why would i pay 1.50 for 411 when i can get it free from free 411 or look it up on google like i do a hundreed times a day...

-db

I pay those guys a ton...but come on...
    11-10-07 02:34 PM
    Oh....that's my problem. I switched themes almost instantly. Can you even use free411? I thought that part of the GPS was disabled

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 05:11 PM
    free 411 is a service that will give you free lookups for any number...but there is a catch...

you must listen to an advertisement before you make your request and one after you make your request (and before they give you the number)..then they may ask you if you want to learn more about blah blah blah then press one...then you get the number....

i have used it lots of times.

another trick is that when you call verizon 411 you can make up to three requests per call and its the same 1.49$ its silly cause you kind of have to store them up but...if you know you need two or three numbers then...

-db

this is not the same as blackberry free411

also google can find almost anyhting anymore. type in your search and be amazed what they spit out. i make google my home page.....

i forgot..the number for free 411 is: 1 800 373 3411
    Last edited by daddybear; 11-10-07 at 07:35 PM. Reason: forgot the number...d'oh
    11-10-07 07:34 PM
    1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-4664-411) is the best free 411 service. No advertisements.
    11-10-07 10:26 PM
    You can text google as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-07 10:30 PM
    i thought google 411 was only for BUSNISSES??

-db
    11-11-07 07:02 AM
    i thought google 411 was only for BUSNISSES??

-db
    You should just call for fun now! Try it out, it's free and works well! You can always hang up. Best of all, you can have them txt you the information so you can refer to it later!
    11-11-07 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD