Right now I have a voicemail icon showing on my phone and there are no voicemail messages in my mail. How do I get rid of it?

Also, when I get missed calls I have a "missed call" yellow envelope with red asterisk icon, and it also gives me a plain yellow envelope icon. When I close the missed call window the red asterisk icon disappears, however to delete the normal icon I have to go into missed calls and figure out who called me then view history. Sometimes I can't figure out who the missed call was from and i'm going through the history on all prior calls to get rid of the icon. Very annoying.

Anyone know how to fix these issues?
    03-14-08 05:16 PM
    First try a battery pull to get rid of the voicemail icon (remove battery with device on, leave out for 20 secs, put it back in and let it boot up).

If that doesn't work, then call your cell phone and leave a voicemail. Then check your voicemail, delete that message, and see if the icon goes away.
    03-14-08 05:18 PM
    Last edited by jsanders; 03-14-08 at 05:27 PM.
    03-14-08 05:24 PM
    OK, that worked for the voicemail icon.

but is there any way that I can avoid getting a missed call icon? Or any way to prevent me having to go in and delete the missed call to make the icon go away?
    03-17-08 09:12 AM
    OK, that worked for the voicemail icon.

but is there any way that I can avoid getting a missed call icon? Or any way to prevent me having to go in and delete the missed call to make the icon go away?
    If go to phone (green phone button)>menu>options>Call Logging>set to none.

This will not send the missed call message in your message folder, but still will notify you with missed call icon on the home screen. If you hit the green send button to view your call log it will make it disapear. Hope this helps.
    03-17-08 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD