Hello - I am hoping someone can help me. I have searched the forum looking for an answer, but I have no been able to find anything.

Recently my voicemail indicator (i.e., the cassette icon) has stopped appearing when I have a new voicemail. The dialog that states that I have a missed call has also decided to stop showing up. This may be just a coincidence, but I recently uninstalled the trial version of empower. I am pretty sure this issue started happening right after that. I tried calling AT&T and they reset my voicemail altogether, so I had to re-setup my password, greeting, etc...but that did not fix it. Is there a module that may have been erased when I removed empower?

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    07-19-08 07:56 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    With your phone powered on- take the battery out. Try that and let us know what happens.
    07-19-08 08:01 AM
    No, empower shouldn't have removed any modules. Try what scandalex suggested and let us know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 08:04 AM
    Thanks for the quick replies. No luck with the battery pull. Interestingly, I had the issue last weekend where my indicator wouldn't go off. I was able to fix that by leaving myself a voicemail. But, this issue seems to be a little more perplexing. One other thing to note, right around the time my voicemail indicator stopped working my Gmail indicators option were completely removed from my profiles. I reinstalled Gmail and that fixed that problem. Should I try reintalling my OS?
    07-19-08 08:09 AM
    I know that the battery pull fixes a host of problems and other than that, I dont know what else to suggest; I've never encountered this problem myself. I'm sorry I cant help you. Sit tight for a minute; someone with way more knowledge will offer their insight.
    07-19-08 08:30 AM
    Have you backed up your device with the Desktop Manager Backup/Restore function?

If so, connect the device and restore the device with a backup previous to when the problem started.

When completed, do a battery pull and after it boots up, see if it works again.
    07-19-08 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion. I found a back up from 11 days ago (when it was working), restored and still no luck. Any other thoughts? Would a full OS reinstall help in this situation?
    07-19-08 10:35 AM
    Well, it cant hurt at this point. Just make sure you're using an official OS and NOT a beta.
    07-19-08 10:51 AM
    I loaded this OS: v4.5.0.52 (the one linked in this forum)

and still no luck. Very wierd and very annoying.
    07-19-08 01:43 PM
    I loaded this OS: v4.5.0.52 (the one linked in this forum)

and still no luck. Very wierd and very annoying.
    I dont know if the OS you're using is an official OS or a beta. For your official OS, I took the liberty of finding the page for you- I dont have AT&T.

Software Download for AT&T

I'd download the right one from there, install, and let us know what the results of your mystery voicemail icon is after you've done this.
    07-19-08 02:28 PM
    Thanks for the link. I decided that I liked 4.5 so much to try AT&T. This time I asked for a tech rep right away. After 45 minutes on the phone, he updated some settings that seemed to have cleared up the issue. So, the issue was not on the phone itself. It was an AT&T issue. Thanks for everyone's assistance.
    07-20-08 11:13 AM
    Mac, glad everything worked out for you. Just remember that if you're using an OS thats not officially supported (and I dont know if 4.5 is) by your carrier, you cant go mentioning it to them.
    07-20-08 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD