Pearl learning curve issue #327:

I missed all my voicemails for a few days, before I realized that there is, as far as I can tell and according to the ridiculously brief users' manual, NO way to get an audible alert when a voicemail has been left for you.

Impossible, I say. I must be missing the simplest of solutions. The previous dozen cellphones I owned would nag the daylights out of me when a voicemail was left. What are we supposed to do, dial up voicemail every 10 minutes just to see if we missed something?

Thanx again for your clues
    04-24-08 01:48 PM
    I have BBAlerts. You can set an audible alert thru that. I don't think you can with the Pearl, at least not a repeated alert.
    04-24-08 01:50 PM
    Even on my Curve, there isn't a repeated alert, although if i get a ?VM, it makes the SMS tone, and pops up the cassette on the screen.
    04-24-08 01:52 PM
    Isn't it set by your carrier ?

If i miss a call, voicemail then calls me...if i miss that 3 times in a row i will then receive a text message to say i have a new voicemail.
    04-24-08 01:54 PM
    Yeah now that I looked you can set it to alert you once. It wont keep alerting you though. You should try BBAlerts Negriljerry, you can even change the LCD alert colors. It's not expensive either.
    04-24-08 01:56 PM
    I agree with cjcarbone. By default, there is an audible alert.
    04-24-08 01:58 PM
    I as well receive the text message when I miss a call and when I get a voicemail.
    I don't think it did it when I had the 8100.
    04-24-08 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD