i just got my 8130 about 2 weeks ago. for the past 3 or 4 nights i have had an issue with the voice dialing starting to initialize all by itself while i am sleeping. it just gets stuck on the initializing screen without actully getting to the point where you need to say a command. it seems that it get stuck running for a while as it drains my battery by morning. the only thing different that i do at ngiht is switch my profile to quiet. the only way to clear it is to remove the battery. very frustrating.

any suggestions on how to fix this???
    01-07-08 10:13 AM
    Do you use voice dialing normally? If not you can remove it from your device - it will solve your problem and free up a bunch of memory.
    01-07-08 10:20 AM
    no i dont use it. i couldn't figure out how to delete it in the few moments i had this morning when i woke up to a basically dead BB. what menu is it in?
    01-07-08 10:30 AM
    To remove it, you need to have Desktop Manager installed on your PC and your device's OS also installed on your PC.

You can follow the full instructions here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ght=remove+VAD
    01-07-08 11:32 AM
    Things such as that (voice dialing) can always be added back in by just selecting the check box to add it back - correct?
    I saw a post where someone had removed their tasks and memos since they never used them. They can always be brought back later - correct?
    I had a Bberry over a year ago and had a Treo for the last year. This type of optimization is not possible with a Treo. You can't mess with the OS.
    I don't have much desire to use voice dialing and, as you say, assume it takes up a fair amount of space. How much does one get back after removing that feature?
    Then again when I get my Plantronics 655 or whatever it is maybe I will add it back in and use - but I doubt it...
    01-07-08 01:50 PM
    wow!.. I find VAD indispensable when using my BT headset.
    01-07-08 02:02 PM
    Yeah - I may like it once I get a headset. It was not an option with a Treo. I rarely used it with my dumbphone so I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather free up the memory. If it doesn't gain a whole lot back I'll probably leave well enough alone.
    01-07-08 02:14 PM
    I ran the app loader and did not see an option to remove the voice dialing. I also did the Options-> Applications (or whatever) and did not even see voice dialing as a possibility to delete.
    So, IF, I were so inclined to remove this from my phone how do I do it?
    01-07-08 07:00 PM
    You would do it by following the link in the post I posted above.... you won't see a specific checkbox to remove it (and yes, it can be readded later if you want). You have to rename some files on your PC....follow the link.
    01-07-08 07:08 PM
    Ah - I missed that above. I looked at all that was involved and think I may hold off for now. My luck I'll have a paperweight.
    Or I'll wait until Sprint releases the next update and maybe do it then.
    Thanks for the help.
    01-08-08 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD