Can my BB get a virus? I am wondering because my phone keeps turning off! The "radio" is always going off and it is not due to a low battery I tried to wipe the system it works for all of five minutes then poof the little antenna is sitting there with the word off in little capital letters. My coverage is three bars a majority of the time with four showing when I am online. Then in five minutes later its "off" this is super frustrating! I have checked the settings and are ok and the shut down is disabled so it isn't that.....I tried all I could....
    02-28-09 03:15 AM
    To my knowledge, there are no known BB viruses.

How old is your BB? Try hooking up your charger and see if it shuts off while hooked to power.
    I have seen a couple of places where you show power in phone, but the battery wouldn't sustain operation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-28-09 at 06:47 AM.
    02-28-09 06:42 AM
    thank you I wish I knew wot is happening. The phone is a recertified replacement my phone prior quit working started with the radio going off and not staying on when restored. That is why I asked about the virus because this is starting with the replacement phone and it started after I did did a restore from my desk top manager
    02-28-09 07:14 PM
    Ok, I understand your frustration. Did you try the power hookup? If you did, what happened?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 07:25 PM
    Definitely not a virus. The closest thing to that would be "flashing" a device and I don't think any hackers are doing that BB's. There's quite a few threads on crackberry about that if you search for "virus".
    02-28-09 07:27 PM
    Correct, there is currently no known viruses for the BlackBerry as of yet...
    02-28-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD