How do you view email attachments (JPG) on a Pearl 8100?
    On a BB Curve, I can select the attachment, choose full menu, then view attachments. However, I can't find this menu option on the Pearl. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    12-29-07 04:14 PM
    Should work the same on the Pearl. Try removing the battery.
    12-29-07 07:20 PM
    I've done a battery pull and the option still isn't there. Any other ideas?
    12-31-07 12:01 AM
    You're Pearl may not have the BB Attachment Service loaded...go to options->advanced options->applications, and look for anything that says "attachment"...you should find it on the one that works, I'm guessing you won't find it on the one that's not working.
    12-31-07 11:41 AM
    You are correct.. The attachment application is loaded on the Curve, but not on the Pearl. How do I go about getting this put on the Pearl?
    12-31-07 02:36 PM
    I just checked mine and I have it under options->advanced options->applications: Blackberry Attachment Service (v4.2). I verified it by sending myself a .pdf attachent and a word attachment and I can read them both. I don't have any special software on my BB either.
    12-31-07 03:25 PM
    You have to downlaod the installer for the OS that's currently on your Pearl. Install it and locate/delete the vendor.xml in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\"
    Now open the Application Loader from the DM and you'll have plenty of addition installation options, one of the first should be the attachment service.

Stefan
    01-01-08 06:09 PM
    You have to downlaod the installer for the OS that's currently on your Pearl. Install it and locate/delete the vendor.xml in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader\"
    Now open the Application Loader from the DM and you'll have plenty of addition installation options, one of the first should be the attachment service.

Stefan

I just going to jump in this thread to say I figured it out. Your answer is correct. However, I didn't delete vendor.xml. What is that file, and why should it be deleted?
    01-01-08 08:41 PM
    the vendor.xml stores information from your carrier and restricts the software choices you have when installing blackberry components (you can't remove many of the built-in applications from the Application Loader, just on the phone).

FYI you can rename the vendor.xml and watch how the options change when opening the application loader.
    01-02-08 03:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD