Anyone out there know if it possible to have the Vibrate mode and the Normal mode so that it vibrates and rings at the same time? I've checked the settings and can't seem to do this although I read somewhere that it can be done? Nice to have the vibrate mode and the ringer on while in your pocket so you definitely won't miss a call. This is my first BB and all my previous phones gave you this option.
    11-10-08 07:01 PM
    Search for an app called Vibe and ring.
    11-10-08 07:05 PM
    Thanks but there doesn't seem to be a profile called "Vibe and Ring", even under the Advanced options.
    11-10-08 07:09 PM
    I didn't say profile. I said app.
    11-10-08 08:43 PM
    At the home screen select profiles> advanced, click menu> edit> phone. Now change out of holster or in holster to vibrate + tone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 10:31 PM
    At the home screen select profiles> advanced, click menu> edit> phone. Now change out of holster or in holster to vibrate + tone.

I believe the OP wants the phone to vibrate, and ring at the same time. Vibrate + tone only vibrates, then procedes to ring. Not both at the same time.
    11-10-08 11:01 PM
    I believe the OP wants the phone to vibrate, and ring at the same time. Vibrate + tone only vibrates, then procedes to ring. Not both at the same time.
    Sorry my bad.

11-11-08 12:52 AM
    OK Sunkast- apps doesn't have an option for vibrate and ring on the 8220.

Maybe it's just an option on the curve?
    11-11-08 01:29 PM
    Wow you totally misunderstand everything I say. App as in application. I was trying to tell you that you need to go up to the search tool and and perform a search for an application called vibe and ring. I dunno how hard that was to understand.

VibAndRing - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

I suppose I should give you a link to a tutorial on how to install 3rd party apps since you don't seem to understand things very well.

Lecture 9: How To Install and Manage Third Party Software Applications On Your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by sunkast; 11-11-08 at 01:36 PM.
    11-11-08 01:33 PM
    that software states it is not compatible with the 8220.
    11-11-08 02:06 PM
    Well that sucks then. Thanks for looking out zwood.
    11-11-08 02:21 PM
    Hey sunkast- why the attitude?? If it's beyond you to help a BB newbie, so be it but drop the pretense of being helpful then.

Apparently not everyone is as enlightened as you. And I was led to think that folks on crackberry were very helpful- hope everyone is not like you.
    11-11-08 05:07 PM
    Zwood- Are you sure it's that Vibandring is not compatible with the 8220's software? It says in the "compatible device" that it is but I wanted to be sure before ordering it. I did shoot techinal support a question to clarify this.

Thanks for your help-
    11-11-08 05:34 PM
    Follow sunkast's link to the software page and you should see a box on the right side of page that says not compatible with 8220.
    I would still wait to see what they say. The phone is so new and some sites have not updated the compatibility list.

11-11-08 06:26 PM
    Just went to the software page on my BB, and the compatibility warning did not shpw up. I was on my desktop when I saw that.

11-11-08 06:32 PM
    Thanks zwood- when I do click on the comatible device box, it says the 8220 is compatible- I also don't see that box in the software that you were referring to- guess I'll just wait to see what they have to say before I order it.
    I'll post their response- thanks again
    11-11-08 06:35 PM
    I would like to know if it will work, would be worth the $9.00

11-11-08 06:41 PM
    I'll wait for a response from tech support. If they say it's compatible, I'll order it and let you know the results.
    11-12-08 12:52 AM
    Any word on compatibility?
    11-15-08 02:43 AM
    ^
    ooo yes I would like to know too

y RIM decided not to have this function seems silly to me
    11-16-08 09:46 PM
    Yes, I received an email from tech support that said it was compatible. They offered me to test it first before purchasing. Haven't had time to do it yet. Will do in the next day or so and will post results.

Agreed- shocked that RIM doesn't offer this as standard. Every phone I've had for the past 12 years have offered it and at $9.00, it is not an inexpensive feature that you may use from time to time.
    11-17-08 08:26 PM
    To update anyone interested in VibandRing app, I finally added it and it works great. It's also half-priced at $4.47 until Dec. 1st from today. Glad I waited for a couple of days.

Easy to install and download and this is my first BB.
    11-25-08 07:28 AM
    i have it as well and i LOVE it!
    11-25-08 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD