I have downloaded the application vib and ring and can't get it to work on my 8120, any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 02:14 AM
    this may sound like a stupid question, but did you activate it? if so, what type of problem are you having? I have vibe & ring installed and it works great.
    12-19-08 08:30 AM
    That's not stupid, I don't know If I did or not. It is installed but doesn't vibrate when the phone rings.

12-19-08 11:33 AM
    Open the app and the first option at the top is to activate it (essentially to turn it on) This box must be checked or it's not running.

12-20-08 12:22 AM
    Do you guys like this app? I am contemplating downloading it.

12-20-08 07:22 AM
    Works great! To me it's something RIM should have as a native application.

12-20-08 08:12 AM
    Ya its activated but doesn't work

12-20-08 04:21 PM
    Thx for the help I got it to work

12-21-08 08:58 PM
    Alrighty, total BB n00b question coming......

I have downloaded 'VibAndRing' and had it SMS texted to me. Now what?
    (BTW, I don't subscribe to BB service, if that makes a difference)
    12-24-08 10:01 PM
    I am assuming the SMS was just a link provided to you?

If so, you need a BB plan, data plan or wifi to download it.

I dont have a BB plan or data plan, I downloaded it to my PC and installed it to the BB using the desktop manager.

By the way It works great on my 8120
    12-26-08 07:03 PM
    I've heard about this desktop manager. What is it and how can I get it?
    12-28-08 04:04 AM
    Did you get a CD when you purchased the BB? It allows you to snyc your phone to the computer and add media if you so choose and programs to your phone without having to use Over the air service.

If you did not get a CD, go to your carrier's website and you should be able to find it there, or go to BlackBerry - Desktop Software - BlackBerry Desktop Software at BlackBerry.com to get it.
    12-28-08 11:56 AM
    Did you get a CD when you purchased the BB? It allows you to snyc your phone to the computer and add media if you so choose and programs to your phone without having to use Over the air service.

If you did not get a CD, go to your carrier's website and you should be able to find it there, or go to
    I have the CD, but it doesn't work. I put the CD in, dragged the app over to my applications folder and then tried to open it and all I got was a blank window.

WTF?
    12-29-08 05:50 AM
    Also, I have a Mac and the link you provided recommends PocketMac, but I read here that PocketMac isn't a good program.
    12-29-08 05:55 AM
    hmmmm... I dunno, I have no experience with Macs, my suggestion is get a PC.... HAHAH

Go to the Mac users section of the forums, hopefully someone there will be able to assist you.
    12-29-08 06:55 AM
    hmmmm... I dunno, I have no experience with Macs, my suggestion is get a PC.... HAHAH

Go to the Mac users section of the forums, hopefully someone there will be able to assist you.
    No thanks, I don't like viruses.
    12-30-08 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD