I bought a blackberry pearl 8100 on ebay A little over six months ago. About two months ago I destroyed it by slamming it in my car door. The display wouldnt light up and a few other things were cracked. I shrugged it off as garbage. About three weeks ago I bought another 8100 pearl from ebay. This appeared to be a perfectly fine phone. I slipped in my sim card and it showed that i was receiving signal put never transmitting anything. I called support and went through various things like resets and such. I set the phone aside never getting it to work for me. I very recently bought another pearl on ebay. This phone seemed to work once i put my sim card into place, but it has some weird quirks. I dont have the option to set up any email. It doesnt have as many applications as a default pearl normally have. And the browser seems to only be able to view webpages but not download anything. If I go into my messages and try to create an email it notifies me that I can only save a draft.

Sorry to bore everyone with this story but Im at the end of my rope here and really looking for answers. I think im going to be done with ebay phones for awhile.

If anyone has any answers or comments or pity that would be great.
    03-25-09 12:34 AM
    I bought a blackberry pearl 8100 on ebay A little over six months ago. About two months ago I destroyed it by slamming it in my car door. The display wouldnt light up and a few other things were cracked. I shrugged it off as garbage. About three weeks ago I bought another 8100 pearl from ebay. This appeared to be a perfectly fine phone. I slipped in my sim card and it showed that i was receiving signal put never transmitting anything. I called support and went through various things like resets and such. I set the phone aside never getting it to work for me. I very recently bought another pearl on ebay. This phone seemed to work once i put my sim card into place, but it has some weird quirks. I dont have the option to set up any email. It doesnt have as many applications as a default pearl normally have. And the browser seems to only be able to view webpages but not download anything. If I go into my messages and try to create an email it notifies me that I can only save a draft.

Sorry to bore everyone with this story but Im at the end of my rope here and really looking for answers. I think im going to be done with ebay phones for awhile.

If anyone has any answers or comments or pity that would be great.

Back up your phone on a desk top.

Go to menu then adv. options. the security, then hit the menu and go to wipe hand held... that will reset the phone as a "new" phone deleting all of the data on the phone and resettng everything that was on it as new... then reload your "backed up" data onto it...
    03-25-09 08:07 AM
    Those, and experiences of my own, are the reasons why I am never buying another phone on ebay ever again. They always turn out to be junk and not what the seller describes them as. I did get lucky with the one I have now, but that's it. I'm never buying another on that site. I'll pay triple the price before I buy one on ebay again.
    03-25-09 09:10 AM
    wish i can get to my ebay picture.

lol !

i bought my pearl for 60$ used.

it works 98.99 %

im about to sell it on ebay so i can get a 8120 :]
    03-26-09 10:47 AM
    ohh my god hov
    03-26-09 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD