Hi All! Wondering if anyone could please provide further information.

My wife's Verizon 8130 has gone to a screen of all white. I realize it's an old phone and not a lot of folks still use it, but she likes it, and nothing else has wowed her (and we love the BB service). The phone still works, as you can make and receive calls, BBMs show as delivered, hear it receive texts, connect and see it as an external device, etc., but we can't see anything on the screen, as it is all white. There is no additional line through, no codes, etc.

It worked early Saturday and then when she pulled it out of her purse in the afternoon, blank white screen. She doesn't drop it, spill anything on it, etc. I have tried battery pulls. I was able to reinstall the OS, but same blank white screen result.

Is it a goner, or is there another solution? With the phone itself working, would a new LCD revive it, or is it something else?

Please help, as this is the worst time for her to lose her phone, so any suggestions would be appreciated. She's 9 months pregnant, and ready to pop within the week, so it's difficult without her being able to notify myself or anyone else for that matter.

Thanks for reading, and I hope some have suggestions.

Sean
    02-15-11 05:16 PM
    The pearl is probably a goner.

I wouldn't go through the trouble to replace the screen because you can most likely pick up a good used one on ebay for less than $50.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 09:01 PM
    Just wanted to report back because it seems in my searching I found a lot of dead ends/no responses.

I went out and purchased a new screen to give it a shot. She loves her phone, didn't want to have to deal with updating her PIN, and I thought why not?!

Great news... $12 for a new screen, opened it up, fiddled a bit, and it's good to go! May have been a cable that got loose, or something else, but had the new LCD and just went with it.

So, white screen, but still functioning - could make calls, connect to the PC, etc. I replaced the LCD, and back to fully functioning.

Thanks!!!

Sean
    02-28-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD