Hello. I am not a BB user, but here is my long saga (hoping for pity)...

My friend is a trash collector, and he found a BB Pearl 8130 in the box with the charger and accessories. He turned it on, and it wouldn't load past the rotating hourglass.

Since I am an Android rooter/hacker, he asked me if I could try to get it working again.

I downloaded the os update from Verizon and installed it on the Pearl via RIM app loader. It worked. The phone loaded and everything looked to be working properly.

I called Verizon to activate it (my friend's phone is on my account), and it wouldn't activate via *228 or by manually activating (##000000 and changing the numbers). The rep from Verizon didn't know what else to try.

Does anyone know any other things I can try? Please, help a girl out! Someone may be getting a nice, free BB Pearl out of the deal!
    01-25-11 11:00 PM
    Have you tried going to account settings on VZW's website and trying it there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 03:09 AM
    Yes, and it didn't work. I just got off the phone with them, and she told me to have him power the old phone off and try again.

This is kind of driving me crazy because I went through sooo much to actually get the phone working...
    01-26-11 09:46 AM
    This is a Verizon or AllTel 8130, not the Sprint 8130 correct? If it's a Sprint 8130 it won't work - but Verizon should have no problem figuring out if it is or not. Besides loading the software what else was done to get it working?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 10:04 AM
    Yup had that prob before.

1. The person who had the fone before skipped on the bill and they still see it as that. They won't reconnect till the bill is paid.

2. You never said if this is a "Verzion" phone. Did the ID # come up in there ID base?

3. I may have been flashed by a "PCS" or "Pay by minute" Companys. Then you'll have to go to one of the to get it flashed for them again.Once flashed it can't go back(they won't bring it back to the Parent Co i.e. Verzion)

4. If it was damaged(bad repair i.e. wet) and they(Verzion) took it out of there system. Those lower teirs don't know about that stuff.

5. Try the other Company's in your area to check the ID #. It may be Sprint ,Alltel or some other Canadian Fone. Someone may have changed the shell.

Hope this helps. I know it's more work.
    01-27-11 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD