i am looking to buy my first blackberry and i was wondering which one is better the 8830 world edition or the 8130 pearl ( i really like the pink color..lol ) if you guys could give me the pros and cons of each one i would really appreciate it...thank you
    07-24-08 10:21 AM
    The 8830 is much bigger. It also has a qwerty keyboard. The Pearl has a camera, something many people like. Would you consider the Curve?
    07-24-08 10:23 AM
    07-24-08 10:27 AM
    hey! thanks for responding! i think im gonna go with the pearl....it seems to have everything the 8830 has and its smaller in size and it comes in pink..lol..( im a girl,cant help wanting a pretty blackberry) do you think my decision is a wise one? im new to all this blackberry stuff
    07-24-08 01:19 PM
    You are deciding on a Blackberry, nothing get's better then that
    07-24-08 01:23 PM
    im so excited! i feel like a kid getting a new toy! i have decided to go with the pearl 8130 in pink...as soon as hubby gets home from work we are off to verizon!!!!!!!!! thank you everyone for helping...ill check in tomorrow to tell you all about my new toy
    07-24-08 03:05 PM
    Before you let the color by your sole guide.... check out what it's like to type on the Pearl before you decide.

Some people absolutely cannot stand trying to input text using the SureType and go with the 8830 or 8330 because of the full QWERTY keyboard.

Although it's been discussed to death, my $0.02:

Pearl - pros: size, pink (if you care) cons: SureType, smaller screen, less memory (this may be a big deal if you're a big app downloader/user)

8830 pros: QWERTY, bigger screen, world phone (if you travel); cons: no camera, keys are sort of close together for some people, larger size

8330 pros: QWERTY, bigger screen, more internal memory, camera. cons: not a world edition, larger than Pearl (but not ungainly)

Spend some time at the Verizon store feeling, texting, etc. You're going to have this for a while, so you want to make the right choice.
    07-24-08 03:11 PM
    Trust me you will get used to typing on the pearl I am a guy with big hands and fingers yet they flawlessly glide across the keyboard like a figure skater... Not kidding my 2 thumbs are like the pairs team of Michaels and Macelroy but I say get what you want

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 03:44 PM
    yeah the bigger keys of the pearl fit bigger fingers like mine..I can't even try to type on the curve and my wife's treo...
    07-24-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD